The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

cole caufield and kreb havent been picked dang , wonder if JB can make a trade and maybe get a pick in the teens to grab one of em :P hehe jk , but weird those 2 are left who were slated top 10 

and i see why knight was picked by florida, they need a goalie since loungo retiring

Small and Injured... Big question marks... That said Some team could end up with the lottery ticket

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Exactly.  I was one of the only guys here on the Pettersson train from before his draft in a sea of Cody Glass fans.

Those same Glass fans are here trashing this pick.

I was a Glass fan and believed wholeheartedly Podkolzin would be gone before 10. Don’t lump is all together with people hating this pick. We all have favs. Some handle not getting there favs worse than others.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, MikeyD said:

Absolutely but with that offensive skill, it's worth the risk. Teams are always afraid of size but it's burned so many teams in recent years. 

It doesn't help that size dominated these playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How can anyone not like this pick? At number 10 JB is swinging for the fences, and why wouldn't he?

We don't need more "safe picks". Last time I checked we're loaded up with middle six players. We need to be adding 1st line talent, and Podkolzin has that potential.

All this worry about him being from Russia is silly. There's alot more success stories from Russia than players who flake out. The biggest difference between Russians here is that he already plays a responsible two way game with some edge. Nothing like Goldobin or Shirokov used to play. Green will love his game.

Exactly. I wanted a big d*ck pick. But I thought that was Caufield because Podzy wasn't gonna get to us. 

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Absolutely but with that offensive skill, it's worth the risk. Teams are always afraid of size but it's burned so many teams in recent years. 

he would be a steal in the mid 20s for some team though, but yea.. he's smaller than Debrincat :o 

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Canucks trade Jake and their 2020 first to Colorado for Barrie and the 16th pick this year. They throw in Tanev to make the deal. :rolleyes:

Krebs and Newhook still on the board... they were said to be looking to move that pick.  Pretty sure the Canucks like both of them, a lot.

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This proves that Benning is just as concerned about a proper farm system to embolden this franchise , as the Canucks themselves.

Love this pick.   This kid will be a lightning rod when he gets here...  with Tryamkin.

Also shows he did what is right for the team vs trying to save his job with a guy that might be able to step in earlier 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Krebs and Newhook still on the board... they were said to be looking to move that pick.  Pretty sure the Canucks like both of them, a lot.

At 15 Krebs is a steal. He may only turn to be a 2nd liner, but he's another Bo Horvat. 

Edited by MikeyD