The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Colorado has cleaned up.    Wow. 

Easy when you have the best defenseman drop into your lap.

This is a place the Canucks should hope to be in in the future. Lots of good young talent plus talent to flip for more picks/prospects.

We're well on our way with Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, Hughes, Demko, and now Podkolzin. Might not be long until teams are envious of our roster.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Nothings happening. It would have by now. 

You gotta be thankful for that - especially if the cost was going to be next year's protected first rounder which if the Avs don't get the 2020 pick, they will automatically get the 2021. With Podkolzin possibly not playing here for two years, that 2021 pick may end up being quite high as well. So I'm guessing that's the end of the Barrie trade, and that's why JB looked flustered.

Edited by vinny_in_vancouver

Jason Botterill is looking to trade the 31st pick for an NHL player.  I wonder if any team will actually bite on the final pick in the 1st. 

If the Canucks trade for it, the arena will likely be empty by then... lol

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yeah. Why did he fall 3 spots then? 

He has 2 years left on a contract in the KHL..  Some teams would rather have direct ability to access a player in North America.

That’s my guess.   What matters is Podolzkin WAS here at the Draft, and his family rather excited for him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's always parking lot justice there Chip

I have nothing against the kid or style of player. Or actually even that he is a Russian.

Just don't think he is a good fit in Vancouver.

I don't really trust the Canucks as an organization to manage his transfer to North America properly when he does come over.

We have seen it with Tryamkin.

• Wat 2

F*%!ing C*!@ks*@ker Oilers take Broberg!!!... this was the guy the Canucks needed.

He will go to the Oilers and be wasted... they will F*ck up his development and p*ss him down the toilet.

F*CK!!!!

Well at least the Canucks took a forward with size.... and a mean streak if the reports are to be believed....  Podkolzin should be 210-215 by the time he gets to the NHL... he is only 17 now and weighs 196.  Apparently has some speed too.

The fact we did not get Broberg means Tryamkin is even more of a priority for Benning to sign.  

GET IT DONE BENNING!!!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Easy when you have the best defenseman drop into your lap.

This is a place the Canucks should hope to be in in the future. Lots of good young talent plus talent to flip for more picks/prospects.

We're well on our way with Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, Hughes, Demko, and now Podkolzin. Might not be long until teams are envious of our roster.

Teams are already envious of Petey ;) 

• Upvote 1