The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

14 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I like the assist better than either of his goals 

Kind of exciting to think of him alongside a pair of fantabulous goal scorers!  I can see a theme of Podz stripping the puck off an unsuspecting dman and then making one of his excellent passes to Pete or JT.  The hardest part of all will be having the patience to allow him to develop into a huge asset to the team; offensively, defensively, physically and character.

• Upvote 1

Just a little over a year away from him driving the net, stripping the pucks, and no look saucer passes for our team.  His skill sets will really be a welcome addition.  He's going to be a big upgrade on Motte/Beagle type... More skill with elite non stop motor.  Gonna be rad!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Just a little over a year away from him driving the net, stripping the pucks, and no look saucer passes for our team.  His skill sets will really be a welcome addition.  He's going to be a big upgrade on Motte/Beagle type... More skill with elite non stop motor.  Gonna be rad!

Pretty excited about this player.  But my expectations are a little higher I see him being a potential upgrade on the Pearson/Virtanen types.

• Cheers 2

A question...

Do you think someone like him or Try are actively learning English with tutors/teachers/etc?

Obviously, thats a huge advantage and a need short and long term for success in the NHL/a canadian market/with his future teammates.

Thanks for any responses!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Biasbieksa said:

A question...

Do you think someone like him or Try are actively learning English with tutors/teachers/etc?

Obviously, thats a huge advantage and a need short and long term for success in the NHL/a canadian market/with his future teammates.

Absolutely. I'm sure Groot already has it down though.

42 minutes ago, Biasbieksa said:

A question...

Podz is taking English lessons; not sure about Tryamkin.

23 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That description does not do that play justice.

Not only does he absolutely pick that D mans pocket he makes a no look backhand saucer pass right on his teammates stick. :shock:

He played like this in the world junior as well, the difference was the players he passed to couldn't bury it, so less spotlighted. The tenacious forecheck/backcheck is signature to his game. Nice to see that he's getting rewarded now.

• Upvote 2

Looks like there are about 10 games left for SKA before playoffs. Would love to see Podkolzin finish those last 10 with 5 additional points or so. 

It's kinda weird... The leading goal scorer for SKA only has 13 goals. Jori Lehtera. 

Looks like SKA will play either Torpedo, or Spartak in the 1st round of KHL playoffs. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I know Pods is a really good winger, but he appears to have the skill set to be a really good center too.  He’s got that kind of like JT Miller does.  

How good is Pods going to be when he comes here in a year and a half?  He’s not 19 until late June, and he’s starting to really take off in the KHL.  Could we have another superstar level talent on our hands?