The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

15 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

What can Podkolzin+ Rafferty+Lind get us?

i think we need a shut down top pairing d man and a sure fire top 6 winger 

Pearson+ Lind+ Rafferty for...

IMO JB needs a trade he can hang his hat on

nonis had the Luongo trade 

Burke had the sedin trade 

gillis had the ethos trade 

Quinn had Nazy, McLean/Adams, and the two St Louis trades 

Keenan had the bertuzzi for linden trade...!?!

i bet JB is sitting there thinking he needs a Ryan O’reilly type trade - that trade won them the cup- a culture carrier 

Haha that would be a disastrous trade!  

You need some perspective on St Louis Blues.  They made the playoffs 6 years in a row and then missed them one year because their entire core was injured.  After acquiring Ryan O'Reilly, they of course won the cup.  

We've missed the playoffs many years in a row now.  We are in a much much different position then St. Louis.  

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

i bet JB is sitting there thinking he needs a Ryan O’reilly type trade - that trade won them the cup- a culture carrier 

Kind of funny how you start out wanting a top pairing dman or a top 6 winger and then settle for a C in O'reilly.;)

I think that we already have an O'reilly in Horvat.  Bo's (24yrs) having a bit of an off year this season, but he has been improving each year and is not yet at his peak.  Ryan (28yrs) didn't really evolve into what he is now until the last couple of years.

Besides, adding a $7.5M contract would create havoc with the salary cap, while giving up on a top 10 draft pick who hasn't even started an ELC would be sheer madness.

Love O'reilly and would love him on my team.  Just bad timing.  Be happy with JT Miller for a much lower price.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Also why the hell is the world juniors being filmed with a 480p "hd" camera? Such horrible picture quality from this arena its a joke. If you host hockey you should be able to see the numbers of the players when they move on a 2000 dollar tv. Standard definition on a high def channel. Yay. 

NHL Network is streaming the games in 720 from what I've seen.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, canuckledraggin said:

"So why did Podkolzin sign with a club that probably doesn’t have his development as its top priority? Per Eronko, every 17-year-old in Russia is obligated to sign a standard three-year deal; it’s not possible to sign a one- or two-year agreement. Podkolzin’s current deal reportedly pays him about 300,000 rubles per year, roughly the equivalent of $4,800 USD."

---------------

So why wouldn't he buy out his contract and sign over here next year? His signing bonus would be about 90k and he would make 70k US for playing in the AHL next season. Seems like a no-brainer to me. He'll get way more playing time and 30 times as much money over here. Then there's the off chance that he could actually be NHL ready at some point and get a call up to the NHL...

I don't usually re-post anything, but I'm very curious. The fans of Vancouver would easily be able to start a go fund me and get this kid over here next year. $4800 for what he is doing for a living is not right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

none of those guys has a cup to hang their hat on either...

15 hours ago, Bure1010 said:

Is podkolzin the next nichushkin both highly rated in there draft year and Most people thought nichushkin was the next malkin. 

Podkolzins development has been stumped with his deployment by his club team with getting zero ice time in the khl and gets bounced around there minor teams without getting any chemistry or time to find his game. 
has not looked good in the world juniors. Wasn’t on the ice at the end of the USA game. If anyone saw the timeout in the last minute podz was on the ice larionov drew up a play and he got pulled off the ice. 
I think the best thing for his career is for jb and aquilini seeing how much it’ll cost to buy out his contract from Russia. 

Nick and Podz could not be further apart as player types.  One works and one doesn't.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

none of those guys has a cup to hang their hat on either...

Burke has a cup with Anaheim 

he signed Scott  neidermeyer and the pronger trade was robbery 

thAt team was almost perfect 

1st line had gets lag and Perry second line had Selanne

third line was probably one of the better third lines in the past 3 decades- Travis Moen, Sammy Paulson and the other Neider 

JS Giguerre was a wall and beauchemin played really well as their 3D, he never played well again after that year 

jB has a cup as AGM

6 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Burke has a cup with Anaheim 

he signed Scott  neidermeyer and the pronger trade was robbery 

thAt team was almost perfect 

1st line had gets lag and Perry second line had Selanne

third line was probably one of the better third lines in the past 3 decades- Travis Moen, Sammy Paulson and the other Neider 

JS Giguerre was a wall and beauchemin played really well as their 3D, he never played well again after that year 

jB has a cup as AGM

I meant with Van... I don't care what other teams did. 

Podz looks very solid today.  1A, easily could have had a second if his teammate was a better finisher.  He looks big, strong, controls the puck well (a couple controlled o-zone entries) with decent hands.  There have been A LOT of mediocre players that have tore through this tournament (and a lot of great ones too, granted), so I'm not really that bothered by his average box scores.  More importantly, he looks like he has the tools and mechanics to be a good player down the road for us.  Above average prospect, even if it's not a home run.  I think with the previous two drafts of Petey and Hughes, we might have gotten a bit spoiled.

Edited by Dungass
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BavarianCanuck said:

Hello Canucks Fans

Sorry for my bad english but i come from germany and this is my first post here.

I'm a fan of the Canucks since 2010.

Back to topic

Podkolzin is a beauty. His passing and motor ist great. What a great player we have in our system!

Welcome!  Seider looks like a stud, Germany has quietly produced some pretty decent NHL d-men.  BTW, Bavaria is awesome, I remember I went to a club game in Inglostadt (I think) once upon a time.  

• Cheers 1