The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

44 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Podkolzin  nice player, but I wish we drafted Pavel Dorofeyev ,

He was drafted in 3rd round #79 by Vegas, I think he is a real deal. 

Podz is a fair bit younger than Dorofeyev.  Totally different kind of player, with very different game.  Doro is more of a skilled forward with a light frame, while Podz is a power forward type.  It may be 2-3 years before we see how their development goes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pavel the Bure said:

In that draft I wanted one of Dorofeyev, Hoglander, or Puistola with our non-1st. I was happy.

But yeah, he looks sick. Yet, so does Hogs...

• Like 2

All these smaller skilled players look really good in this tourney but would get humbled in the nhl. It happens every year. Same thing is going to happen with dorofeyev. Hoglander on the other hand is built and plays an nhl friendly style. It’s going to be much easier for him to transition.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Smallish quick guy.  Lots of big quick guys in the NHL.  If the kid is mentally tough he could be a player.

Pods is for sure and NHL player.  He’s heavy, skilled, a natural leader, has high IQ, and off the charts competitive.   If Pods chose to play Junior here, rather than sign a three year deal in Russia, he’s taken way before #10.  Likely he’s top three. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Smallish quick guy.  Lots of big quick guys in the NHL.  If the kid is mentally tough he could be a player.

Pods is for sure and NHL player.  He’s heavy, skilled, a natural leader, has high IQ, and off the charts competitive.   If Pods chose to play Junior here, rather than sign a three year deal in Russia, he’s taken way before #10.  Likely he’s top three. 

He was ranked top3 for the longest time iirc

4 hours ago, Pavel the Bure said:

A couple really good players that fell into the 3rd round which made me sad we added our 3rd in the deal for Miller but hey that trade has worked out well. Puistola and Dorofeyev being the guys I really wanted!

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

Look at Podkolzin in front of the net

He’s a super smart player, extremely hard working, and (obviously) a great teammate who does the dirty work.  Really like watching him play.  He’s a hockey player. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s a super smart player, extremely hard working, and (obviously) a great teammate who does the dirty work.  Really like watching him play.  He’s a hockey player. 

Exactly what Miller brings.

My guess is he slots in on Peteys wing in the future.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

You just described Burrows. Sounds good to me!

He plays a 200 foot mature game which is one of the hardest things to get a young player - especially a high draft pick with high end offensive skills - to buy into. 

PK and PP and trusted by his coaches.  His potential to be a really dependable and productive team player are pretty exciting.  Tarasenko maybe :) 

He can always work on his skating if it in fact is an issue.  His style of play will help get him into the NHL sooner and help him stay.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, higgyfan said:

Podz is a fair bit younger than Dorofeyev.  Totally different kind of player, with very different game.  Doro is more of a skilled forward with a light frame, while Podz is a power forward type.  It may be 2-3 years before we see how their development goes.

Put the puck in the corner and send both Doro and Podz after it.  I know which player will come out with it 9 out 10 times.  That's why Podz was drafted at 10 and Doro wasn't.  

Jr tourney, hype is just that.  Still Doro looks great for Vegas.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

It would be fun to watch a Pods vs Hogs semi though.  I just think Pods is a superior player.  I see him as a difference maker.  Askarov seems to be their goalie now too.  He will even get better with more games.  

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Not sure who that is that would put money on Canada to win.  There are a bunch of very strong teams and whichever one plays better on one day, they will win gold.  And the fact that Russia kicked our Canada's Team arse shows that.

I still hope our Canadian boys will win but we shall see in a few days.