10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

"jam" and nasty are two way different things.  I watched all Pods games.  He is great on the boards and does not shy from contact. But he was not nasty at all. 

I guess you either did not watch the games or don't understand the difference.

Anyway, I was asking the guy who said Pods was nasty just so I understand champ.

Well he speared a guy in the balls today or was it the last game. I cant remember

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Well he speared a guy in the balls today or was it the last game. I cant remember

He did not spear a German player, that was just bad angle from camera. Vasily extended his stick to stop that German player from attacking another Russian player (Marchenko I think). Podkolzin got minor penalty for slashing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

He did not spear a German player, that was just bad angle from camera. Vasily extended his stick to stop that German player from attacking another Russian player (Marchenko I think). Podkolzin got minor penalty for slashing.

You may be right. I remember not being able to see exactly what happened just recalled a player hunched over in real discomfort as he skated to the bench and while sitting on the bench. Their face had that look!

Though I thought it was odd that the commentators did not say much about it during the replay.

EDIT: I remember now.

It was against the Swiss. After a whistle a Swiss player nudged Pod from behind so Pod took a dig into the guys mid-section. Penalty was called a slash in the 3rd period. Swiss player was definitely in discomfort ;)

Edited by AV's Coin

2 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

It was against the Swiss. After a whistle a Swiss player nudged Pod from behind so Pod took a dig into the guys mid-section. Penalty was called a slash in the 3rd period. Swiss player was definitely in discomfort ;)

You are right - this was in the game against Switzerland!

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats what I've thought too. I don't mind that the KHL system makes kids earn their time either, and also makes them earn their way up the lineup. But I'm old school. 

:shock:  Don't say that around here!  You'll be swarmed by those who crucify Green and Cull for making our idolized prospects learn to play the game the right way rather than gifting them ice time!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Podz looks like a player that will fit in well on one of our top lines.

the so called puck retriever for pettersson that Gillis said he would fine for Petey if he was the gm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, the peeps just don't understand the differing levels.  Podz is currently playing in the VHL and sometimes gets a callup to the KHL.   KHL > SHL (remember Pete played for Vazjo before coming to Vancouver) and VHL > SEL (remember Pete played for Timra in his draft year).

If Podz was in Canada, he would be in Jrs, which is << than any of the aforementioned teams.

I also like that the kid isn't given too many minutes, I do think when these guys are still hitting growth spurts rest is really key to their development.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I also like that the kid isn't given too many minutes, I do think when these guys are still hitting growth spurts rest is really key to their development.

Pods is still growing? That's nice to hear. It's certainly possible at his age. Another inch and another 20 lbs and he will be a beast in the NHL.

5 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

the so called puck retriever for pettersson that Gillis said he would fine for Petey if he was the gm.

Podkolzin is much more than just a puck retriever, he is a play creator. His work below the goal line on the PP today was a revelation. He had the most icetime today of any Russian forward - over 22 minutes - second only to their top defenceman.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He may not get much icetime in the KHL, but he sure did today - most of any forward on his team - courtesy of his coach today, Larianov - one of the smartest guys that ever played the game.

23 hours ago, stawns said:

The more I watch him, the more I think that's the best comparable for Podz.......though I think he's got more skill than Bo.

I don't know that you can compare skill until he hits the NHL...it's a different animal with tougher opponents.

• Upvote 1

I know TG likes his players to be on their handed side RW and RD.  I wonder how he will deal with Podkolzin being a LH RW.  Hopefully it won't be an issue.

47 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Podkolzin is much more than just a puck retriever, he is a play creator. His work below the goal line on the PP today was a revelation. He had the most icetime today of any Russian forward - over 22 minutes - second only to their top defenceman.

The Russian team is all 19yr old players but for Podz and one other player who are 18yrs.  Given his age, the ice time is indicative of his superior skill level.

I'm confused. Isn't the gold medal game still going? People are talking about Podkolzin getting 22 minutes like the game already happened.

16 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I'm confused. Isn't the gold medal game still going? People are talking about Podkolzin getting 22 minutes like the game already happened.

Damn, I hate when those time travellers come back just to spoil games for us. At least he was considerate enough not to tell us the final score.

• Haha 1

Wtf.. Canada are playing like the Italian soccer team. Diving at any chance. There's no place for that in hockey.

Go Russia and go Podkolzin!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not ripping the kid at all, I think he’s a solid piece for the future for the Nucks...but I’m still surprised he hasn’t been a more forceful presence for the Russians.