Finisher/ Playmaker - Finisher/ Playmaker - Powerforward/Grinder/Spacemaker 

in 2 years

Miller- Petey-Podz would be great

horvat and bossier had big time chemistry his first year hear

Hogz-Horvat-Boess

Pearson-Gaudette- Virtanen

Roussel-Madden- Motte

16 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

"His number one asset is a big heart," stated Igor Larionov, NHL and international hockey legend and assistant coach for Team Russia at this year's WJC. "You can have all the skill in the world - and he has a lot of it - but without his passion and commitment to his teammates, he's not the same player.

"He has an eagerness to win and he hates to lose," he continued. "And he's so determined every night to be consistent and help the team win. I told him he reminds me of Mark Messier. He fights for the win every single night and he's not afraid to go one-on-one against an opponent. He's a tremendous leader by example and he's only 18."

Sounds like a pretty fair comment on Pods playing style. Hard to believe that the posters peeing all over Larionov's statement are actually purporting to be Canucks fans.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sounds like a pretty fair comment on Pods playing style. Hard to believe that the posters peeing all over Larionov's statement are actually purporting to be Canucks fans.

I've noticed a lot of so-called "fans" are a small but vocal group on the tweety. I think they're most likely closet Habs and Leafs fans. You know who you are. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I've noticed a lot of so-called "fans" are a small but vocal group on the tweety. I think they're most likely closet Habs and Leafs fans. You know who you are. 

Or jelly Oiler/Flame lurkers, terrified that the Canucks are heading back to Pacific dominance and regular spankings of them like during the Sedin years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Perfect. By March 2021, the Canucks will be gearing up for a deep playoff run.

I dont see how this is perfect at all. It's a terrible time to add a player. Could mess with chemistry just before playoffs. Who knows if anyone on the team has even met podkolzin. I doubt he would even be inserted in the lineup having to learn a completely new system to him from a new coach on a new team on the verge of a dero playoff run. Then there's the language barrier on top of that. I know many people downplay his development path but I see it as a huge negative.

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont see how this is perfect at all. It's a terrible time to add a player. Could mess with chemistry just before playoffs. Who knows if anyone on the team has even met podkolzin. I doubt he would even be inserted in the lineup having to learn a completely new system to him from a new coach on a new team on the verge of a dero playoff run. Then there's the language barrier on top of that. I know many people downplay his development path but I see it as a huge negative.

Pods would likely be a black ace.  He’d get to experience the playoffs, but from the press box.  He’d get to practice with the team though and travel.

plus the kid is 110% character.  He’s a Captain and natural leader.  He does whatever the coach tells him to do.  

He will be here in 2021 and part of our Cup run. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pods would likely be a black ace.  He’d get to experience the playoffs, but from the press box.  He’d get to practice with the team though and travel.

plus the kid is 110% character.  He’s a Captain and natural leader.  He does whatever the coach tells him to do.  

He will be here in 2021 and part of our Cup run. 

What does this have anything to do with my post? So random. I never once mentioned his leadership or willingness to do what a coach asks him.

And what good is a black ace if you cant play it? It's like having an ace in the hole... while playing monopoly.

The perfect scenario would be him leaving the KHL after this season so we had full control of his development. Which now sounds impossible after initially hearing it was an option.

2 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Hard to explain, but when I watch him it looks like his stickhandling is batting the puck back and forth as opposed to corralling it on his blade.

Iv kind of noticed it too, his puck control is fairly choppy but definitely something that can be worked on. 

1 hour ago, AV's Coin said:

not the softest hands? 

One thing about a guy like Podz, I think he is maybe too intense at times.  He handles the puck like he is going to kill someone with it.  I also think he is going to soak up playing with the nucks.  If he can learn to handle the puck with softer hands, it will be from guys like Hughes and Pettersson.