The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

24 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Hindsight... The alternative at the time was Lucic, I think we got the better deal of the bad deals handed out that day

The alternative was to rebuild, and sign no one.  It was a mistake that is now coming home to roost.  

24 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Hindsight... The alternative at the time was Lucic, I think we got the better deal of the bad deals handed out that day

Yeah, top end UFAs almost invariably end up looking like bad signings long before their contracts finish. There are seldom any long term winner UFA signings for top end players. Competitive pressures assure that they will be overpaid/have excessively long/restrictive contracts.

9 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

We also had the option to do neither deal, it was time to rebuild, picking up old farts with big contracts is not how you accomplish that. Lucic and Eriksson are both cases in point. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Came to check out some Podz info. Thought I was in LE thread for a minute..

Hope the guys getting more then 1:30 a game in KHL now after the WJ

He's been getting about 12 minutes a night the last couple of games. Coaches are trusting him more. Not bad for an 18 year old in arguably the next best league after the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

He's been getting about 12 minutes a night the last couple of games. Coaches are trusting him more. Not bad for an 18 year old in arguably the next best league after the NHL.

Great news. Can’t wait for him to get his first!

• Cheers 1