The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

46 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

the lion king sarcasm GIF

Clearly you don’t understand how sarcasm works. So let me educate your uneducated mind. 

Most adults hear sarcastic speech every day and understand it without much difficulty. To understand sarcasm, they rely on the speaker’s tone of voice, facial expression, and their knowledge of what the speaker is referring to and how the speaker might feel about it.

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Clearly you don’t understand how sarcasm works. So let me educate your uneducated mind. 

Most adults hear sarcastic speech every day and understand it without much difficulty. To understand sarcasm, they rely on the speaker’s tone of voice, facial expression, and their knowledge of what the speaker is referring to and how the speaker might feel about it.

If i was sarcastic in my mother tongue you will not understand it. So i just ask a question about the so called terrific path of Podz development since we know the incoming replacement for Yakupov, and because after a quick research they will not show any threat stats wise... but i didn’t know them so maybe theo5789 knew something i didn’t.  Not more not less.

Edited by deus.ex.makina

9 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

If you've followed this thread, you would know where I stand and thus the latter part would've applied. I apologize that I didn't get the memo that we are suppose to be robots because some cannot see or hear me on a internet message board.

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

If you've followed this thread, you would know where I stand and thus the latter part would've applied. I apologize that I didn't get the memo that we are suppose to be robots because some cannot see or hear me on a internet message board.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8dcb8bac-5708-4790-9e9f-f1a2ac609647

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Edmonton OIlers 1st OA pick Nail Yakupov!

Amazing that we have never picked first overall yet the Oilers were able to squander 2 first overall picks and still end up with McDavid and Draisaitl. Man were they bad.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On May 10, 2020 at 11:42 PM, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Some of us understand sarcasm by being aware of context and history. Before I respond to a post, I generally follow the thread far enough to ensure that I understand the context and history behind the post, because I prefer not to appear ignorant or stupid.

Those of us who have have "knowledge of what the speaker is referring to and how the speaker might feel about it" often can detect sarcasm without needing to observe the speaker's tone of voice or facial expression. If you try that, you might be able to do it too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, DeNiro said:

Amazing that we have never picked first overall yet the Oilers were able to squander 2 first overall picks and still end up with McDavid and Draisaitl. Man were they bad.

I wouldn't say RNH is a bust since his numbers have been steadily improving in the last two years. 

Does anyone have news whether the KHL plans to start their season on time in August?  Part of me also wonders if the following NHL year does not start until the new year, and Podkolzin finishes his season (assuming the KHL follows their time frame as normal) whether we get Pods mid season, and likely for a playoff run along the way.  Man that would be exciting haha. 

Pipe dream but with so much uncertainty who knows.

I am just really excited about this kid.  Trying not to get ahead of myself or over hype him as the prospect, but man I am really eager to see what he looks like on North American Ice and on a team with a lot of young talent for him to work with.  

12 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I wouldn't say RNH is a bust since his numbers have been steadily improving in the last two years. 

I was actually referring to Hall who they basically just gave away and then went on to win the Hart trophy.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hammertime said:

Here is the conundrum for the Canucks I can't see a future where the Canucks have Toffolli, Boeser, Virtanen, and Podkolzin at the same time for long.

If we sign Toffoli and keep Boeser and if both Podkolzin and Hoglander make it we would have the following winger depth after next year:

Miller

Boeser

Toffoli

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Virtanen

Pearson

To me we would have great depth for the top 9 so we could just stay the course.  One extra forward when fully healthy so unless we move Boeser or Virtanen for a top D the easiest thing to do would be to trade Pearson once Pods and Hogs arrive.

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

Here is the conundrum for the Canucks I can't see a future where the Canucks have Toffolli, Boeser, Virtanen, and Podkolzin at the same time for long.

Not really a conundrum, package Virtanen for a D at that point.