The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 7/8/2020 at 8:50 PM, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Expect Poldkozin to grow another inch or two and get even more solid as he fills out. Going to be even tougher to defend.  If he can play at 6’3 & 205-215lbs he’s gonna be a handful 

He’s got better vision and play making ability than people give him credit for. so on a line with a top sniper he could rack up many points on assists alone. 

VP also has a quick release and when he finds the puck on his stick around the net he’s putting it too cheese before the goalie can react. With a top playmaker VP will have many more opportunities to score. 

and if he can just convert at a higher percentage on the grade A chances he creates for himself then he’s going to have multiple ways of collecting points. 

90 PT player playing with the right guys in his prime imo. Put him with Petey and Boeser. He is a dog on a bone lol. power forward with insane skill and fantastic skating. The kid is a stud.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This kid is going to tear up the KHL and WJC next year.  He has skills and attributes you just can't teach.  Crazy that we still have him and Hoglander and potentially a top 10 this year in our pipe.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, BCNate said:

This kid is going to tear up the KHL and WJC next year.  He has skills and attributes you just can't teach.  Crazy that we still have him and Hoglander and potentially a top 10 this year in our pipe.

He definitely will be one of a few players that will be the most polished/NHL ready prospects to play in the WJC.  

I think his overall process will allow him to succeed in all roles he plays, which will earn him trust quickly and overall looks in different spots in the lineup.  It also really helps that SKA Petersburg, Valerie Bragin is the coach - the WJC who leaned on Vasili even as a 17 year old in the WJC and heavily last WJC.  He will certainly get his looks.

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

I highly doubt there isgoing to be a WJHC this year

3 minutes ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

I am just gonna cancel xmas now then.  No point!!

I suppose if they set up a bubble type of situation and all players quarantine for 14 days before hand, but I seriously don't see it happening

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I suppose if they set up a bubble type of situation and all players quarantine for 14 days before hand, but I seriously don't see it happening

You make a very good point. 

The NHL has set this up extremely well. No reason to believe the WJHC could not be done in a similar manner.

You just gave me hope!!!

:towel:

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

You make a very good point. 

The NHL has set this up extremely well. No reason to believe the WJHC could not be done in a similar manner.

You just gave me hope!!!

:towel:

except the CHL won't be starting until Dec 4th (if it does at all) and if players are going tom quarantine, that doesn't give them much time to get ready to play.

Think Podz is going to be a real nice compliment to this group....

Another reason why Toffoli shouldn't be a huge priority for the team.

All efforts and any extra cap space should be focused on acquiring a top 4 RHD

(Tanev or Stetches $$ plus Ferlands 3.5 LTIR = RHD upgrade)

*Be great if Seattle would bite on Myers.

Petey  Boes

Miller    Bo   

Podz/Jake/Hogs rounding out the top 6

will be a very formidable top 6 in a couple years.

If Gaudette can continue to improve in 3c role and we can surround him w/some

big tuff fast ELC wingers...Hogs looks to be one.

Wish had kept Madden/McCann/all those 2nds that have wasted for the likes of Baer Vey Gudbranson and Toffoli

All the squandered  Erix/Ferland/Sutter/Roussel/Baer/Beagle $$ coming off in couple yrs

Really see this current teams window beginning in 2021/22 - ??

Edited by costanza7
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1