The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Vasily Podkolzin’s much anticipated final KHL expected breakout season hits a snag

SKA trying to pressure Podkolzin into signing with them again and not with the Canucks, by limiting his ice time.

Why would SKA limiting his minutes make Pod more likely to sign? That would piss me off and make me want to leave.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Why would SKA limiting his minutes make Pod more likely to sign? That would piss me off and make me want to leave.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - TOFFOLI

PEARSON - HORVAT - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - GAUDETTE - PODKOLZIN
MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

HUGHES - MYERS

EDLER - TANEV

TRYAMKIN - FANTENBERG

MARKSTROM

DEMKO

I think we may have a Tkachuck-type player in Podkolzin. If that is the case, I don’t think Boeser will be in Vancouver for long.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

MILLER - PETTERSSON - TOFFOLI

PEARSON - HORVAT - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - GAUDETTE - PODKOLZIN
MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

HUGHES - MYERS

EDLER - TANEV

TRYAMKIN - FANTENBERG

MARKSTROM

DEMKO

I think we may have a Tkachuck-type player in Podkolzin. If that is the case, I don’t think Boeser will be in Vancouver for long.

I don't think Pearson's coming back after his current contract. His $3.75M isn't bad but he doesn't drive the line he's on. Toffoli can play both wings so after this year:

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

TOFFOLI - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

No reason to trade Boeser just because Podkolzin joins the team 

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't think Pearson's coming back after his current contract. His $3.75M isn't bad but he doesn't drive the line he's on. Toffoli can play both wings so after this year:

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

TOFFOLI - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

No reason to trade Boeser just because Podkolzin joins the team 

Well now that’s just two hurtful lines completely.

The amount of power in skill and speed is just overwhelming.

Edited by Me_

11 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Well now that’s just two hurtful lines completely.

The amount of power in skill and speed is just overwhelming.

Eh I could see Pearson as a very viable 3rd LW on great teams that could step up when injuries hit. I wouldn't mind him back if it made sense. He's played very well here for what he's worth

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Eh I could see Pearson as a very viable 3rd LW on great teams that could step up when injuries hit. I wouldn't mind him back if it made sense. He's played very well here for what he's worth

And also, that is two Stanley Cup winners right here:

0382B2DA-F5C8-4485-BAA7-7A0715FAEDC7.jpeg

Edited by Me_

On 9/17/2020 at 1:50 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

#27 is Igor Ozhiganov.  Once Podkolzin scores he comes over and hugs him.  Podkolzin looks slighty taller than him.  Ozhiganov is listed at 189cm on the SKA website, so he's 6'2.5".  I would say Podkolzin is a legit 6'3" right now and could very well be 6'3.5" as he does tend to slouch alot as he skates.  But in this video he raises his arms and is standing straight up and looks slightly taller than Ozhiganov once they come together for the hug.

I don't believe any hockey measurements.  Cliff Ronning was often listed as 5'10" when playing.  I remember being at a urinal once and he came and stood beside me.  Not close... maybe 5'6".  In all the pictures of the era a 5'10" Bure towered over him.

4 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I'm not super worried about his ice time. He had less last year and turned out fine. But peteys coach tried something like this so it's not completely off the wall bat$&!# crazy. 

I mean he didnt limit ice time but he was like yeah I dont think he should go to the nhl hes not ready.

Come over and lights it up lol. Clearly just a ploy to keep him. 

On 9/19/2020 at 9:16 AM, Me_ said:

Vasily Podkolzin’s much anticipated final KHL expected breakout season hits a snag

SKA trying to pressure Podkolzin into signing with them again and not with the Canucks, by limiting his ice time.

That doesn't make much sense.... If he signed with them he loses any leverage at all compared with the available threat of leaving, so making it more unpleasant for him would reduce his willingness to sign an extension there.  Also, what is the point of keeping him if you don't want to play him in a significant role?  No coach or ownership tanks what they perceive as their best chance of winning just to exert pressure on a teenager for a future contract... it just doesn't add up.  Podkolzin isn't the 2nd coming of Gretzky for teams to go to extraordinary measures to keep.  He is a good player, who should be a top 6 NHLer within a year or two of coming over.

I guess you are CanucksAbbyFan2?  Otherwise, reading random fan blogs that spend most of the time quoting their own tweets as evidence is probably not the best place to go for inside hockey information.

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2020/9/18/21445444/vasily-podkolzins-much-anticipated-final-khl-expected-breakout-season-hits-a-snag

23 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yep. 

Although he's paid a bit too much for a 3rd liner.  Maybe a $3M x 3yr extension.   He can pot a few goals and plays on the PK.

He's a better option than Roussel. 

25 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Pod is playing on Russia’s best hockey team. A top team in the KHL that isn’t in the business of grooming players to leave for the NHL next year. 

Can’t wait till he’s here let’s gooo

their actually 2nd in their conference but 7th so far in the entire leauge, but yea, it's a stacked club.  Ice time will be hard to come by.