The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

He is actually more like Matthew Tkatchuk.  Of the forwards in this draft not named Hughes, this is the player I was hoping for.  He’s the perfect winger for Petey and Boeser.  

I am Certain that I saw you say on an older thread that you didn’t want him and he doesn’t have any high end skill.  Seems like you’ve revised your stance significantly 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like to get Kaliyev, but he gets picked at 32.

Your team looks good though!  

Still some gooders out there even if kaliyev gets picked. I for one would't mind trex aka albin grewe for our second.

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I believe the KHL season ends fairly early would Podkolzin be eligible to come to NA aftarward?

I wouldn't think this season. He won't be under contract with the canucks until his khl contract is terminated or expired. That being said, if the khl season ends early in year 2, the canucks could quickly sign him andget him over similar to what we do with college players.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I wouldn't think this season. He won't be under contract with the canucks until his khl contract is terminated or expired. That being said, if the khl season ends early in year 2, the canucks could quickly sign him andget him over similar to what we do with college players.

Does that also apply to the AHL could he join Utica for their playoffs was more where I was heading with that question.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Yeah. The KHL season ends sooner. They are saying Tryamkin could join Vancouver in March. So if we run with that theory he could potentially join the canucks for a late season playoff push / run in the 20-21 season.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Yeah. The KHL season ends sooner. They are saying Tryamkin could join Vancouver in March. So if we run with that theory he could potentially join the canucks for a late season playoff push / run in the 20-21 season.

Year after next. 

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I believe the KHL season ends fairly early would Podkolzin be eligible to come to NA aftarward?

Podz is playing for arguably the best team in the KHL. The Gagarin Cup finals end around mid April. If we make the playoffs, he should be able to make it around then. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Does that also apply to the AHL could he join Utica for their playoffs was more where I was heading with that question.

Yeah he could play in the AHL without restriction (same contract rules as nhl). However that may spook him a but like tryamkin.

• Cheers 2

The only highlights I’ve seen of him so far show him basically putting his head down and bull-rushing the defence to get to the net. Didn’t look at anyone around him. 

Which is great, but like Virtanen has discovered, he’s not going to be able to do that against NHL defencemen on a regular basis.

Looking forward to seeing him develop, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t already thought about his head space after the first stretch of games where his ice time has been reduced or he’s parked in the press box. I can already see the headlines from the local sports hacks about the rumblings of him wanting to go back home.

I’m looking forward to following his development this season. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah he could play in the AHL without restriction (same contract rules as nhl). However that may spook him a but like tryamkin.

Good point 73.  JB stated twice in a short interview last night (after round one) that Podkolzin will step right in to the Canuck’s lineup when he’s finished in the KHL.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Thanks for saying this... hope they’ve learnt their lesson with Trym...

• Upvote 1