I don't know how I feel. I know he's good, but another contract we need to wait for. Not sure how this plays out

Just now, King Heffy said:

Great pick.  High floor and ceiling and plays with some edge.  Not much to not like.

sounded like the rink booed the pick, what was the expectation with number 10 ?

I like the pick he looks like a gritty highly skilled player. Looking forward to seeing him play in a few years.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Is there any way we can entice him back a year early?

If the Canucks can negotiate with his KHL club to be released a year earlier that’d be fantastic. But I wouldn’t hold my breath. Better to wait then to mess his development up like we did kinda with Virtanen. 

• Upvote 1

At this point we are going to be called Vancouver Russian-nucks. I am here for it ahahahha.

Also stoked about rolling petey and bo at centre and being able to alternate podkolzin and brock on any given night

winger - petey - boeser

winger - bo - podkolzin

• Upvote 1

Pod can play NOW, but cause he has a contract wit KHL and from what people have said they dont break contracts sooner :( so ya we have to wait a year or two, but this guy can play now, we just gotta wait

• Upvote 2

All or nothing pick. Podkolzin either becomes a big time player for us or won’t play at all. 

I’m admittedly nervous about it but the Canucks scouting staff has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

I don't know how I feel. I know he's good, but another contract we need to wait for. Not sure how this plays out

The contract could be a good thing.  Let the KHL keep developing him and then get him on an ELC a bit later than we otherwise would have 

so stoked! 

assuming he pans out as advertised, he will be a star for us in a few years when we're hopefully contending. off the books in the meantime.. 

also, since he doesn't help us in the short term, maybe we draft a bit higher because of that? I don't know, but I'm pumped.. 

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Russian Bertuzzi ;)

basically, but better ( well we hope :) ) , u never know with kids, if they can live up to there potential