2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Soon to be with his new best friend

Capture.PNG

I'm hoping to see both of them in Canucks uniforms sometime in 2020.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

It will definitely be an interesting world juniors. Get to see him up close. Seems like he’s going to be a good 2 way player. 

On 6/24/2019 at 8:39 PM, Pure961089 said:

U18 IIHF Tournament. Podkolzin #19 scored 1 goal and 1 assist in the gold metal game.  He was robbed of a goal that would have been the gold metal winner from a grotesque call from the referee. The goalie clearly pulled the puck out from behind the goal line as see in 4:17 of this clip.  He dominated the game. https://youtu.be/O1e2i-IUw_4

Look at who Pods outmuscled to score that goal? None other than Broberg

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Maybe we can bring Bure back to the organization in some capacity?  Could help with recruitment of Russian players and help some with the transition.

To hell with that! Put some gear on him and let him ride shotgun with Petey, Brock and Quinn on the PP!

• Hydration 2

When I watch this kid skate I can't help but think there's untapped potential there. He moves his feet really fast but almost in a similar vein to Jason Garrison where his skates are near parallel and he's not getting much 'push' off each stride.

I can see him being in the mould of Ryan Callahan but with some more natural gifts like more size and better skill. Like a mix of Perry and Callahan. It sounds like his compete level is off the charts and he seems to do everything well including playing physical and agitating. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Upvote 1

I am almost reminded of Todd Burtuzzi the way he used to drive the net with the puck around defence man 

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I can see him being in the mould of Ryan Callahan but with some more natural gifts like more size and better skill. Like a mix of Perry and Callahan. It sounds like his compete level is off the charts and he seems to do everything well including playing physical and agitating. 

I see a Russian #44 on our hands here, Bertuzzi 2.0. 

#19 Podz uzzi. 

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@Stierlitz  Is it Vasili or Vasily?

I personally prefer Vasily but neither one of those two correctly describes pronunciation of his name in Russian. This should be Vasiliy but it looks too complicated. Thank you for asking! :towel: https://www.howtopronounce.com/vasiliy/

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He is going to need to train some mma with Khabib and work on his hand speed and grappling if he keeps his love for running over goaltenders.

12 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Ok, but did VP score all 4 goals or what???

Yes he did.  Good read though, gives some background to his upbringing.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

We are going to have a handful of guys playing in the WJC again with Podkolzi, Hoglander, Madden.  Should be cool to watch.