The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

All these possible line combinations turning me on.

I have no patience anymore, I want to see these lines to start the season. 

I don’t know what it is, but I can’t wait for 2021-2022. Of all of the upcoming years, that may be the best chance we have for a cup run. It’s insane how impatient I am for it :lol:

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

Imagine future lines, if players pan out:

Pettersson - Horvat - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Miller/Gaudette - Boeser

Miller/Gaudette - Madden - Virtanen

-               -      

Hughes - Woo

Juolevi - Myers

-

Petey is getting moved to wing!!??  Come on.....

:picard:

Edit: other than that weird suggestion, it will be tons of fun seeing all these guys play together IF they all pan out like we hope.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Petey is getting moved to wing!!??  Come on.....

:picard:

Edit: other than that weird suggestion, it will be tons of fun seeing all these guys play together IF they all pan out like we hope.

If Gaudette or Madden really come through, I can see him getting moved.

He wasn't taking a lot of face-offs near end of the season, could have been injuries though...

8 hours ago, J-23 said:

If Gaudette or Madden really come through, I can see him getting moved.

He wasn't taking a lot of face-offs near end of the season, could have been injuries though...

Centres are not just for face offs. It’s actually a bonus perk in the large scheme of things for elite centres. The physics of hockey is very simple in this regard. Center of the ice offers most options of any other regions on the ice surface. As such, you want your most creative player in the center if possible. If your most creative player is a natural center, that’s the last person to get moved from preferred position for skaters. Period. Petey is gonna be a center for all his career and when he isn’t, it’s gonna look like a mistake. Plus Peters game is all about Iq and smarts. Especially in the defensive zone. He is going to be a defensive stalwart due to his tenacity but mostly by way of his positioning, stick placement, anticipation etc. Playing him in a wing is gonna force him to make far more staple to the board moves in the defensive zones, which not only diminishes his most valuable quality in the d zone, it also mak s him far greater injury risk. If Rookie Petey in NHL , after one year of SHL wingman duties didn’t play as a winger, he won’t moving forward. It’s Gaudette or Madden who have to shuffle,period.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Centres are not just for face offs. It’s actually a bonus perk in the large scheme of things for elite centres. The physics of hockey is very simple in this regard. Center of the ice offers most options of any other regions on the ice surface. As such, you want your most creative player in the center if possible. If your most creative player is a natural center, that’s the last person to get moved from preferred position for skaters. Period. Petey is gonna be a center for all his career and when he isn’t, it’s gonna look like a mistake. Plus Peters game is all about Iq and smarts. Especially in the defensive zone. He is going to be a defensive stalwart due to his tenacity but mostly by way of his positioning, stick placement, anticipation etc. Playing him in a wing is gonna force him to make far more staple to the board moves in the defensive zones, which not only diminishes his most valuable quality in the d zone, it also mak s him far greater injury risk. If Rookie Petey in NHL , after one year of SHL wingman duties didn’t play as a winger, he won’t moving forward. It’s Gaudette or Madden who have to shuffle,period.

You are right.

I’m just desperate to see Bo and Petey together.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bo will never be a winger.

We’ll see that on the power play but we’ve gotta spread out the talent 5 on 5.

I agree but if madden turns into say a Jordan staal....also when Tampa won the cup they loaded up one line with vinny richards and St. Louis...so never say never....

also bo's game would suit peteys wing too but only way that happens is if we find some gems over the years and can afford to move Bo there

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but if madden turns into say a Jordan staal....also when Tampa won the cup they loaded up one line with vinny richards and St. Louis...so never say never....

also bo's game would suit peteys wing too but only way that happens is if we find some gems over the years and can afford to move Bo there

Bo is our Ryan O'Reilly he wins like 15 FO's a game and puts up 60+ points. Gaudette can move up once he gets acclimated to the league more.

1 minute ago, playboi19 said:

Bo is our Ryan O'Reilly he wins like 15 FO's a game and puts up 60+ points. Gaudette can move up once he gets acclimated to the league more.

I agree but if madden or Guad grow into good second line centers and we can afford to move bo to peteys wing...it wouldn't hurt us and also having Bo on that top would give us a strong face off guy if Petey can't handle it. 

If iirc o'reilly spent time as a winger in Colorado. 

I may get flak for this but I see in the future Podkolzin useage as....

solid 3rd line with Jake moved to left wing, Gaudette or Madden, with Podkolzin right wing. Jake and Pod two big smashing bodies with a good creative center. Gaudette is more offensive and lacks in the defense area compared to Madden who is solid Defensively. 

Podkolzin will probably be moved up in the line up at sometime.

i have Podkolzin on 3rd line because I see him also a big part of special teams , 1st unit penalty killing and 1st unit Powerplay.

The guy needs a break and can’t play every second. Pod plays so enthusiastically I think 3rd line minutes plus special team is a good balance in his ice time and makes the Canuck a solid 4 line team.

22 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I may get flak for this but I see in the future Podkolzin useage as....

solid 3rd line with Jake moved to left wing, Gaudette or Madden, with Podkolzin right wing. Jake and Pod two big smashing bodies with a good creative center. Gaudette is more offensive and lacks in the defense area compared to Madden who is solid Defensively. 

Podkolzin will probably be moved up in the line up at sometime.

i have Podkolzin on 3rd line because I see him also a big part of special teams , 1st unit penalty killing and 1st unit Powerplay.

The guy needs a break and can’t play every second. Pod plays so enthusiastically I think 3rd line minutes plus special team is a good balance in his ice time and makes the Canuck a solid 4 line team.

A lot of NHL scouts saw him as a 1st line player.

Why do you think he would just be a 3rd line player?

17 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

A lot of NHL scouts saw him as a 1st line player.

Why do you think he would just be a 3rd line player?

I guess in the same way Evandro Kane could be a 3rd line player?

• Haha 1