The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

6 minutes ago, 112 said:

13 points in 18 games is impressive as an 18-year-old AHL rookie defenceman- not particularly as a 20-year-old. what would impress me is if he was demonstrating a good game otherwise, which he wasn't.

points is a bad metric for rationalizing that assertion. consensus in the news was that he was not having a good season; salo, the coach who was working with juolevi most closely, even said he was struggling.

So annoying. You against the world eh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 112 said:

'Based on facts, not opinion.'

I can't express how much I hate people who use this btw. Your grade-6 social studies class was not, in truth, a good intro to critical thinking and debate.

Stats back up that Joulevi had one of the best, most productive 20 YO seasons ever by a D in the Liiga.  That is a fact, not an opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 112 said:

No- I just get tired of the hivemind on here sometimes.

Remember when Jordan Schroeder was going to pot 80 points?

It's good to be optimistic lol. Try it out. 

I personally think juolevi should spend the whole year in Utica unless he blows us out of the water with his play. He needs to be able to handle these pro schedules. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Stats back up that Joulevi had one of the best, most productive 20 YO seasons ever by a D in the Liiga.  That is a fact, not an opinion.

You're being so blatantly fallacious here that an indigenous chief 1500km from where we are turned around and wept.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, 112 said:

You're being so blatantly fallacious here that an indigenous chief 1500km from where we are turned around and wept.

Rather than trying to sound educated by spouting off ridiculous statements, please provide a shred of evidence to prove me wrong.

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Rather than trying to sound educated by spouting off ridiculous statements, please provide a shred of evidence to prove me wrong.

I haven't spouted off any ridiculous statements. Please demonstrate.

The fault in your thinking is that you think the 'best' season is entirely dependent on points. It's absurd. And you go as far as to tell the thread that this relationship between points and 'bestness' exists somehow as logical fact, as if we're all idiots.

on the topic of 'evidence' -- I don't actually need to provide any considering I don't accept your assumptions/axiom that the 'best' season correlates exactly with how many points are put up. There is more to hockey than that, and there is more to hockey than that in particular for defencemen.

if you were reading, though, i've already given evidence- Salo's word.

27 minutes ago, 112 said:

'Based on facts, not opinion.'

I can't express how much I hate people who use this btw. Your grade-6 social studies class was not, in truth, a good intro to critical thinking and debate.

Wow...real intelligent sentence. Makes people take you real serious.

:picard:

9 minutes ago, 112 said:

I haven't spouted off any ridiculous statements. Please demonstrate.

The fault in your thinking is that you think the 'best' season is entirely dependent on points. It's absurd. And you go as far as to tell the thread that this relationship between points and 'bestness' exists somehow as logical fact, as if we're all idiots.

on the topic of 'evidence' -- I don't actually need to provide any considering I don't accept your assumptions/axiom that the 'best' season correlates exactly with how many points are put up. There is more to hockey than that, and there is more to hockey than that in particular for defencemen.

if you were reading, though, i've already given evidence- Salo's word.

Yes, this is ridiculous:

"You're being so blatantly fallacious here that an indigenous chief 1500km from where we are turned around and wept."

No, providing Salo's quote would give your statement some credibility.  You haven't done that.

You said he has struggled in lesser leagues.  No, when you put up one of the best statictical seasons ever for a u20 D, and are a + player, you are not struggling.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fan since 82 said:

Don't think anyone else would agree with you. I've only seen you here today (you have a high post count so we must view different threads) and the only positive comment I have seen you make was about yourself.

oh, well it's nice to meet you. :)

yeah- I stay out of most of the hockey threads because you get people like kanuck who facepalm/confused react you for having different opinions and then don't offer anything substantiated to support whatever they think.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Yes, this is ridiculous:

"You're being so blatantly fallacious here that an indigenous chief 1500km from where we are turned around and wept."

No, providing Salo's quote would give your statement some credibility.  You haven't done that.

You said he has struggled in lesser leagues.  No, when you put up one of the best statictical seasons ever for a u20 D, and are a + player, you are not struggling.  

You don't even understand what I'm saying, dude.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Old. And no....I won't go out with you!

:ph34r:

Your condescending post was childish.  How old are you? It removes any credibility you had....if you had any. 

Anyway.....I hope Pods gets some ice time moving forward.

wat

we're on a hockey forum

none of us have credibility

i'm not the only one who's been condescending, nor am i the person who started being condescending. tit for tat--that's how the world works.

Just now, BCNate said:

No, I do.  You came here to push your agenda that Joulevi is a bust and that he has struggled ever since his draft year without any basis.  You clearly do not follow him or his development very closely.   Rather than provide facts/stats/quotes you ramble on with statements about 6th grade social studies and Indigenous Chiefs to try to undermine myself and other posters.  Frankly debating with you is a waste of time, so I will remove myself from the discussion now.

I apologize to the people who came here to read about Podkolzin, I don't mean to derail your thread.

I don't have an agenda; I just think OJ's not living up to his draft stock and feel it's fair to express that.

You clearly do not follow him or his development very closely.

I don't need to undermine you; you undermine yourself.

You don't even know most of the words you use.