The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Just now, 112 said:

wat

we're on a hockey forum

none of us have credibility

i'm not the only one who's been condescending, nor am i the person who started being condescending. tit for tat--that's how the world works.

I don't have an agenda; I just think OJ's not living up to his draft stock and feel it's fair to express that.

You clearly do not follow him or his development very closely.

I don't need to undermine you; you undermine yourself.

You don't even know most of the words you use.

Never seen you on this forum before. You are obviously here just to stir up crap by saying things about a Canuck prospect you obviously know nothing about. I too will ignore any more of your useless posts.

Byeeeeeee......

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RJ Fletcher said:

If Podkolzin was here he’d tell y’all to keep your little quarrel out of his thread, and he might headbutt you while he’s at it. 

You are right,  my apologies.  I came here to see how he did in his last game as most others did.  

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

No, you don't always increase point totals especially as a D.  Scoring 42 points with Cliff Pu as your teams leading scorer is far more difficult that scoring 42 points with Marner, Dvorak and Tkachuk all scoring 100+ points on a championship team.  

If that's true, then Bouchard captaining the rebuilding Knights and leading them in scoring as a defenseman by 33 points with 87 points total after posting 44 points with pretty much the same team the year before must have made you believe he was the modern day Bobby Orr. 

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No doubt it would be more impressive if he was 18?

But there are only 3 or 5 players each year that are dominant NHL players right out of the draft. Of which only one every 2knd year is a D man. Then another 4 or 6 that are productive or dominant the year after their draft. In even leagues a notch down from the NHL; The AHL, SHL, KHL...

The reality is, very few 18 year olds have the gifted athleticism, and full grown man size to deal with pro leagues.  Then also have both mental maturity, and game maturity, notably to deal with increased puck pressure, and making plays at game speed as a D?  To excel in those pro leagues either. NHL, SHL, AHL...

The vast majority of players start arriving at the AHL, at age 20 like Juolevi.  That he was productive, was encouraging! That he needed work, not surprising?  Its stupid that people expect a 5th overall pick to be a prodigal son, arrive & be dominant right away. Most need development. That we passed on one, maybe two prodigal son's? Picked Juolevi. Life? Cannot pick BPA every year. Its too high an expectation. Injury aside. Juolevi was looking on track in every fair measure possible!

Look at Philly? Provorov, prodigal son, played one more year in the WHL then jumped to top pair in the NHL. Sanheim, more notably? Played two more years in junior. Then played AHL at 20. Scored 37 points in 76 games, similar but slightly lower pts/game, but of course more meaningful as he played a whole AHL year.  But like Olli, was still having trouble processing reads, defensive capacity. Still started his 21 year old season in the AHL again, but played 49 NHL games and scored 10 points. Started his 22 year old season finally, full time in the NHL, scored 35 points & jumped the depth chart to also grab top pair minutes from several team mates, top pair PP minutes from Provorov.   

Juolevi, like Sanheim, at 21 is primed to start his season in the AHL. Play 30 to 50 games in the NHL if things go to plan. Start the NHL next year.

Its all good!

And on topic?  Nobody should expect Podkolzin to lead the KHL in scoring this year either. I'll be happy, extatic, if he plays 1/2 their games. And scores 12 or 13 points doing at age 18...

Wow.  Excellent post!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No doubt it would be more impressive if he was 18?

But there are only 3 or 5 players each year that are dominant NHL players right out of the draft. Of which only one every 2knd year is a D man. Then another 4 or 6 that are productive or dominant the year after their draft. In even leagues a notch down from the NHL; The AHL, SHL, KHL...

The reality is, very few 18 year olds have the gifted athleticism, and full grown man size to deal with pro leagues.  Then also have both mental maturity, and game maturity, notably to deal with increased puck pressure, and making plays at game speed as a D?  To excel in those pro leagues either. NHL, SHL, AHL...

The vast majority of players start arriving at the AHL, at age 20 like Juolevi.  That he was productive, was encouraging! That he needed work, not surprising?  Its stupid that people expect a 5th overall pick to be a prodigal son, arrive & be dominant right away. Most need development. That we passed on one, maybe two prodigal son's? Picked Juolevi. Life? Cannot pick BPA every year. Its too high an expectation. Injury aside. Juolevi was looking on track in every fair measure possible!

Look at Philly? Provorov, prodigal son, played one more year in the WHL then jumped to top pair in the NHL. Sanheim, more notably? Played two more years in junior. Then played AHL at 20. Scored 37 points in 76 games, similar but slightly lower pts/game, but of course more meaningful as he played a whole AHL year.  But like Olli, was still having trouble processing reads, defensive capacity. Still started his 21 year old season in the AHL again, but played 49 NHL games and scored 10 points. Started his 22 year old season finally, full time in the NHL, scored 35 points & jumped the depth chart to also grab top pair minutes from several team mates, top pair PP minutes from Provorov.   

Juolevi, like Sanheim, at 21 is primed to start his season in the AHL. Play 30 to 50 games in the NHL if things go to plan. Start the NHL next year.

Its all good!

And on topic?  Nobody should expect Podkolzin to lead the KHL in scoring this year either. I'll be happy, extatic, if he plays 1/2 their games. And scores 12 or 13 points doing at age 18...

Thanks surfer. 

If he's playing 2 minutes a night, I don't like the idea of having him there.

When's the last time he's registered a point since like March? Guys probably dying to get on the score sheet.

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

If he's playing 2 minutes a night, I don't like the idea of having him there.

When's the last time he's registered a point since like March? Guys probably dying to get on the score sheet.

Maybe that’s the point of it? Make him even hungrier? 

Starving a lion so he takes advantage of every shift?