The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Analyst82 said:

Yeah that's because some of those games he played 1 minute... 

Agree, context matters. If he continues to have only spare ice time and doesn’t put up points in the WJC I would be concerned, but I don’t see that happening...

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TGokou said:

Even though he hasn't played much damn his stat line looks gawd awful. 12 games played 8 KHL, 1 VHL, 3 Russia U20 and no points. 

Sorry pal but that is one horrible post. Don't bother putting any info in there about him playing for 30 seconds in some of those games......come on!!

:picard:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sorry pal but that is one horrible post. Don't bother putting any info in there about him playing for 30 seconds in some of those games......come on!!

:picard:

Actually I did, right at the very beginning of my sentence "Even though he hasn't played much..." sorry if I didn't write it out for you as 30 seconds. Regardless of whether he played 30 seconds or 1 minute in 3-5 games it still doesn't look good when you played 12 games and no points....several of which were against his peers playing big minutes. Lastly, this post was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Actually I did, right at the very beginning of my sentence "Even though he hasn't played much..." sorry if I didn't write it out for you as 30 seconds. Regardless of whether he played 30 seconds or 1 minute in 3-5 games it still doesn't look good when you played 12 games and no points....several of which were against his peers playing big minutes. Lastly, this post was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

That is ridiculous.

You actually believe that it looks bad if a player plays for 30 seconds in a game and has no points? Haha....ok.  :picard: 

Keep on panicking for no reason pal.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, TGokou said:

KHL

game 1 - 0:41 - 1 shift

game 2 - 10:36 - 13 shifts

game 3 - 0:40 - 1 shift

game 4 - 0:30 - 1 shift

game 5 - 1:08 - 2 shifts

game 6 - 2:45 - 4 shifts

game 7 - 4:00 - 7 shifts

game 8 - 9:10 - 14 shifts

hard to get points when you play less than 4 mins in 6/8 games, still pretty low mins the other 2 games. Kinda hard to develop line chemistry when you don't really play on a line.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

still barely any toi is concerning. Cpl games over 9 mins is good though. Hopefully keeps increasing. 

They should send him down to vhl if they don't plan to play him 10 mins or more. 

Only way to develop is being on the ice. Not sitting on bench watching. 

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

still barely any toi is concerning. Cpl games over 9 mins is good though. Hopefully keeps increasing. 

They should send him down to vhl if they don't plan to play him 10 mins or more. 

Only way to develop is being on the ice. Not sitting on bench watching. 

Thought I heard Dahliwal say he did go down to his KHL’s farm team.. heard him say he played 19 mins in his first game with them.??

anyone??

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Thought I heard Dahliwal say he did go down to his KHL’s farm team.. heard him say he played 19 mins in his first game with them.??

anyone??

Yup.  Then he came right back up.  I think he played in three games in three nights.  Things seem a bit old fashioned over there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

That is ridiculous.

You actually believe that it looks bad if a player plays for 30 seconds in a game and has no points? Haha....ok.  :picard: 

Keep on panicking for no reason pal.  :frantic:

Someone obviously doesn't understand reading comprehension. Noone is panicking. Read my post again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Someone obviously doesn't understand reading comprehension. Noone is panicking. Read my post again.

The responses you recieved are verging on satirical.  Haha. 

In in other news Podkolzin has been great.  I love watching him still play with fire inside.  He will learn to finish because he has so much opportunity to with the chances he creates.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, WeneedLumme said:

He just turned 18, he has to pay his dues. Apparently his team agreed with CDC that he needs more icetime than he was getting in the KHL, so they sent him down for a one game conditioning stint. And then called him back up again because he is good enough to play in the K, just not good enough yet to get much icetime there. At this point in the season and his career, I have no problem at all with his usage.

He'd be better off back playing 20 min a night in a lessor league. He's only 18 needs to play not sit on the bench

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TGokou said:

Lol I thought you were trolling my dude