The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Nice seeing Pod breaking some ankles. 

That league makes him look like Jagr in his prime.

He’s clearly too good for that level but it’s nice to see they’re getting him lots of games and ice time at different levels.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

So russia ahl?

Yes sir Russian AHL. The best part for Podz is all 3 teams (MHL(junior),VHL & KHL) are within 30 minutes of each other. Podz is eligible to play on all 3, should give him lots of ice time, even if he isn't playing a lot with SKA in the KHL.

Would be like playing in Utica but training with the Canucks. I really don't see the down side for Podz, aside from lack of ice time with the KHL club

On 9/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, Chickenspear said:

KHL

game 1 - 0:41 - 1 shift

game 2 - 10:36 - 13 shifts

game 3 - 0:40 - 1 shift

game 4 - 0:30 - 1 shift

game 5 - 1:08 - 2 shifts

game 6 - 2:45 - 4 shifts

game 7 - 4:00 - 7 shifts

game 8 - 9:10 - 14 shifts

hard to get points when you play less than 4 mins in 6/8 games, still pretty low mins the other 2 games. Kinda hard to develop line chemistry when you don't really play on a line.

damn, 5 out of the 8 games the podz has less that 3 minutes of ice time? I'd be worried more about him not breaking a sweat, let alone putting up points

31 minutes ago, xereau said:

He is a fantastic two way player.

That speed. That pass to create a two on 1. He’s very similar to Virtanen in his build the biggest difference between the two is his drive and hockey IQ. I was sceptical about his Hockey IQ at first but it seems pretty obvious that he’s got that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2