Recommended Posts

Just now, The Great 8 said:

That speed. That pass to create a two on 1. He’s very similar to Virtanen in his build the biggest difference between the two is his drive and hockey IQ. I was sceptical about his Hockey IQ at first but it seems pretty obvious that he’s got that.

That backcheck thing he does.. its like every single time the other team has the puck LOL.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xereau said:

 

 

He is a fantastic two way player.

I see Mark Stone in Podkolzin

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I see Mark Stone in Podkolzin

Horvat/Brind'Amour too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid is gonna be a beauty. Definitely will be one of the top 4 players in his draft.  Could he be the best ala Pettersson?  We will have to wait on that for a few more years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aGENT said:

You ever see a terrier catch and kill a rat? :lol:

Yep, like a frog in a blender without the bowl.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Odd. said:

I see Mark Stone in Podkolzin

that is music to my ears

i so hope you are right about that

i really really wanted stone on this team

if pod can be close to his level of play

that would be excellent for this team

the missing piece

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xereau said:

Horvat/Brind'Amour too.

I was going to say a Horvatcian Datsyuk……….an extremely strong and smart critter, tenacious in character.

 

One would say Dogged 

 

Edited by janisahockeynut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I was going to say a Horvatcian Datsyuk……….an extremely strong and smart critter, tenacious in character.

 

One would say Dogged

He actually reminds me of Hossa -- left shot right winger, good size, powerful skater, relentless in all three zones, nice puck skills and hockey IQ.  Hossa was a 60+pt player virtually his entire career... one could only hope.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoldenAlien said:

He actually reminds me of Hossa -- left shot right winger, good size, powerful skater, relentless in all three zones, nice puck skills and hockey IQ.  Hossa was a 60+pt player virtually his entire career... one could only hope.

Hosea as a really good comparable, but Podz brings a meanness Hosea never had.  Podz is kind of a unique player, because of his mean streak. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, xereau said:

Horvat/Brind'Amour too.

 LOL I was going to to post the same thing. Podz is a skating wise, his effort is almost carbon copy of Rod Brind'Amour. Man oh man, we got a good one if he every comes to even half the player Brind Amour was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I was going to say a Horvatcian Datsyuk……….an extremely strong and smart critter, tenacious in character.

 

One would say Dogged 

 

Brindamour, Horvat, Stone etc....  

 

Strong self driven PF types that play a complete game.  

 

Now we can see why Podz was ranked so highly early.  A great selection at 10.  He will be a guy that becomes a top 5 pick in the redraft, Hogs becomes a top 20 pick and Keppen moves up into the top 45.  

 

Just another JB and Brackett draft.  

 

Gotta say with Miller, Ferland and Pearson on the roster and Podz, Keppen, Lind and Gadz in the system does JV have a place here long term?  

 

Time to boost his value and see if he can bring it or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

 LOL I was going to to post the same thing. Podz is a skating wise, his effort is almost carbon copy of Rod Brind'Amour. Man oh man, we got a good one if he every comes to even half the player Brind Amour was

Brind'Amour was nicknamed Rod the Bod.

 

If Vasily develops into a player like him, I shall call him Pod the Bod!  :towel:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Brindamour, Horvat, Stone etc....  

 

Strong self driven PF types that play a complete game.  

 

Now we can see why Podz was ranked so highly early.  A great selection at 10.  He will be a guy that becomes a top 5 pick in the redraft, Hogs becomes a top 20 pick and Keppen moves up into the top 45.  

 

Just another JB and Brackett draft.  

 

Gotta say with Miller, Ferland and Pearson on the roster and Podz, Keppen, Lind and Gadz in the system does JV have a place here long term?  

 

Time to boost his value and see if he can bring it or not.  

Dont forget MacEwen he still has top 9 potential. Has edge to his game. 

 

If Virtanen continues to dissapoint this year, he will be traded. Most likely as part of a package for a top 6 player. 

 

I would really like us to go after Reaves next offseason. Ferland, Miller, Roussel, Reaves, Tryamkin. Ohhhhh boy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.