On 10/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, Alflives said:

Podz is a lot like Hossa for his hounding of the play, and offensive skills, but Podz has a meanness to him that Hossa didn't.  

He doesn't have a history of faking injuries like Hossa did either.  A guy of  Hossa's caliber who doesn't flop to the ice at the first hint of contact is going to be a hell of a player.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 112 said:

I am still disgusted every time I read someone insulting Hossa over his medical retirement. It's like- how would you like it if you developed an invisible illness that forced you out of the work you've been doing your whole life and then thousands of people on the internet started acting like they know more about your health than you + your doctor?

The guy had a history of faking injuries even before his quack of a doctor signed off on his bogus medical condition.  He faked multiple concussions to get both Hossa and Torres suspended, and then he somehow develops an allergy to equipment so bad that he can't possibly figure out a way to continue playing?  His doctor should have his license revoked.  Great player, just absolutely zero heart.  Podz has him beat by a mile.

• Confused 7

On 10/11/2019 at 9:42 PM, 112 said:

I am still disgusted every time I read someone insulting Hossa over his medical retirement. It's like- how would you like it if you developed an invisible illness that forced you out of the work you've been doing your whole life and then thousands of people on the internet started acting like they know more about your health than you + your doctor?

Pretty okay if i had millions of dollars to help me forget about it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, 112 said:

So you become 'allergic' to your equipment and this prevents you from playing hockey and forces you to retire just when your club needs to shed cap space and the only way to do so is to have you retire.  

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, its Hossa and the Hawks exaggerating and or faking an illness to circumvent the cap.  

Unabomber, your supposed to believe in conspiracies, like it's your thing. 

10 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

So you become 'allergic' to your equipment and this prevents you from playing hockey and forces you to retire just when your club needs to shed cap space and the only way to do so is to have you retire.  

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, its Hossa and the Hawks exaggerating and or faking an illness to circumvent the cap.  

Unabomber, your supposed to believe in conspiracies, like it's your thing. 

I've actually heard from an NHL official that this was an issue that Hossa had dealt with most of his career and that it had gotten really bad towards his last few years.  

So while he could've retired much earlier, this was a real issue that would sometimes result in Hossa laying in his hotel room with open wounds on his legs from the reaction.  He also had to take some pretty serious meds that required blood tests every two weeks.  

• Upvote 1

With Hossa, by the way you guys are sounding, it sounds to me like none of us actually know what happened with Hossa. We can "claim" one way or the other, but there's not really evidence to support either side aside from his history, which had a lot of injuries if I recall.

As far as thinking a player would leave the game by coming up with an excuse such as being "allergic t equipment" though, that strikes me as being pretty low on whoever thinks that. It's not the kind of thing someone just fakes, especially with how obscure it is. If you guys really think he's faking it, it would be nice if you can actually come up with evidence for this; otherwise, you're approaching being defamatory and spreading lies.

Sometimes it's just better to take things at face value, especially when there's no consequence in doing that and thinking the other way becomes rather controversial. I get hating a player, but this is rather ridiculous in my mind.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

With Hossa, by the way you guys are sounding, it sounds to me like none of us actually know what happened with Hossa. We can "claim" one way or the other, but there's not really evidence to support either side aside from his history, which had a lot of injuries if I recall.

As far as thinking a player would leave the game by coming up with an excuse such as being "allergic t equipment" though, that strikes me as being pretty low on whoever thinks that. It's not the kind of thing someone just fakes, especially with how obscure it is. If you guys really think he's faking it, it would be nice if you can actually come up with evidence for this; otherwise, you're approaching being defamatory and spreading lies.

Sometimes it's just better to take things at face value, especially when there's no consequence in doing that and thinking the other way becomes rather controversial. I get hating a player, but this is rather ridiculous in my mind.

If it looks like a duck, and walks lile a duck, odds are...

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly, on top of the other comparables, what about Torres? High picks, good offensive production in dirty areas (Raffi’s never panned out) but a total agitator for the team he plays for? Vasili just has more leadership qualities?

Podolzkin is relentless,.  Any hi-lites I’ve seen he is keen on his back checking and responsible for 200 ft,. Besides having some great offensive qualities.   18 yrs old?.. and a complete, highly competitive game playing against men.

Such a great grab for us.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

I really hope that he can manage to get out of his contract next year and get his development time in the AHL.  Playing in a lower Russian league, or bouncing between leagues and teams isn't going to make him better like being in the KHL or other top Euro league would.

35 minutes ago, Provost said:

I really hope that he can manage to get out of his contract next year and get his development time in the AHL.  Playing in a lower Russian league, or bouncing between leagues and teams isn't going to make him better like being in the KHL or other top Euro league would.

He's better playing in the KHL, just needs to gain the confidence of the coaches and stick there. He'll face better competition than he will in the AHL.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He's better playing in the KHL, just needs to gain the confidence of the coaches and stick there. He'll face better competition than he will in the AHL.

Except, literally what I wrote.

Playing two minutes a game in the KHL or in a lower Russian league will not be better for his development than being in the AHL.  Teenagers don't tend to get trust and playing time in the KHL, it is not a development league.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Except, literally what I wrote.

Playing two minutes a game in the KHL or in a lower Russian league will not be better for his development than being in the AHL.  Teenagers don't tend to get trust and playing time in the KHL, it is not a development league.

Been a few good players that come out of there. Bouncing between leagues won't hurt him right now. He's only 18, give him a few months to adjust to the KHL and he'll be good.

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Been a few good players that come out of there. Bouncing between leagues won't hurt him right now. He's only 18, give him a few months to adjust to the KHL and he'll be good.

If he was in Canada, wouldn't he be in the CHL for this year and next?  He's getting to play with men in Russia, which is best for his development.  It would be way too easy for him in the CHL.  He'd be a man among boys.  Now he's learning the game as a boy among men.   He will be a man among men when he gets here in two more years.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, WeneedLumme said:

You have not answered a single question or addressed a single fact in this discussion. Goodbye.

Guess SKA management didn't think he was progressing either playing 30 seconds a game. lmao

Podz has been playing in Russia's 3 leagues the KHL, VHL, and MHL for SKA.

For those wondering KHL = NHL, VHL = AHL, MHL = CHL (Each Russian team owns their own set of Junior players)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:
Podz has been playing in Russia's 3 leagues the KHL, VHL, and MHL for SKA.

For those wondering KHL = NHL, VHL = AHL, MHL = CHL (Each Russian team owns their own set of Junior players)

So far this season Podkolzin played 2 games in MHL (4 assists, average ice time 15:35), 9 games in VHL (1G, 3A, average ice time 15:50) and 10 games in KHL (zero points, average ice time 4:25). He has been playing for SKA-Neva (VHL) recently.

• Thanks 1