The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 10/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, Borvat said:

Podkolzin is an 18 year old playing for one of the best organizations in the KHL.  He actually played games (3) as a 17 year old.  They are known for their player development and competitive culture.  He is the youngest player on the team.  It may not be ideal, but by their willingness to shuttle him between their 3 leagues (teams) I think they are trying to help his development.  It would be like a 17/18 year old playing in the AHL.  He is playing against men already.  I am not worried about his development but I am also not expecting him to be an impact player for at least 2-3 years like any other 18 year old.  They recognize and develop good players it seems.

image.png.273a34392407f72a3aca890bd71e8785.png

image.thumb.png.e2566c58eaf339a985b76ed04efb1697.png

That is BS.

No young player develops playing 1:30 of ice time and bouncing around leagues and teams every few games.

They know he is NHL bound and could give a rats ass about his development as it doesn’t benefit them at all.

Hopefully he can get out of his contract after this season as some have theorized is possible.  At least he had the tourney ahead to hopefully get some meaningful games and minutes for a few weeks.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is BS.

No young player develops playing 1:30 of ice time and bouncing around leagues and teams every few games.

They know he is NHL bound and could give a rats ass about his development as it doesn’t benefit them at all.

Hopefully he can get out of his contract after this season as some have theorized is possible.  At least he had the tourney ahead to hopefully get some meaningful games and minutes for a few weeks.

Playing in the KHL is like saying he's NHL ready now. He's pretty much playing in their "AHL". He's getting some spot time on the junior team though. They don't feel he's quite ready to be in the top men's league, but want to give him some experience. The reason this works in this situation is because their KHL/VHL/MHL teams are very close together. So he isn't really "bouncing" around, but trying to get the best of all worlds. He's going to be a key figure for their international teams, so it's important that they develop him in what they feel is the best way regardless if he stays in the KHL or not. So while he's not getting big minutes in the KHL now, he's getting the minutes closer to where he should be in terms of development for a recently turned 18 year old.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I just bought two tickets. If you grab a flight one is yours. :gocan:

Is the game tonight? Sportsnet has can rus game tonight. Is this the one with Pod playing in it ? 

Edit. Ya it's on. He is playing. 

Darn I was planning on going to Oilers Coyotes game tonight in Edmonton. Now not sure what to do .. stay in watch Pod or go Oilers game. ....

Edited by WHL rocks

Podkolzin was one of the players at fault for Q's first goal in my opinion.  

He just had a big shift with a couple of nice passes and a nice hit on a big d-man.