The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

28 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

o virt has 2 years to prove he is a true power forward?

cuz this kid is one

i have no doubt about his ability

or the impact he could have

just less sure about if he will actually arrive

but if he does, virt better be solid on the team .. or ta ta

could we not keep both? having more than 1 power forward is an option. I hope both play in our top 6 in a few years time!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Very good pick the kid turns 18 on June 24th, 6'1, 190 lbs, plays with edge and has great skill....Vancouver fans will see how good this player is at

world JR U20 this coming year...Can't wait for Podkolzin to arrive in 2 yrs and he will be NHL ready..

Great pick Jim and staff..

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Well based on our scouting depts track record recently I fully expect this guy to be a calder candidate when he comes over from Russia. 

Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, and possibly this guy!

Then we still have Virtanen, Juolevi, Demko, Tryamkin, Gaudette, Woo, Lind, Madden, and much more. Our cupboards are stacked!!!

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I love this pick.  

People focusing too much on his nationality and him being signed for 2 years in Russia are being short sighted.

He already is NHL ready.  Having two more years in the KHL against men and very skilled players will return a very nicely polished product.  I love how he plays the game.

No matter who we drafted we were most likely 2 years away from seeing them anyway. That, the Tryamkin effect, and his sky high potential makes this a great pick. Even if he busts Benning 100% made the right pick as it stands tonight imo. Thats also how i felt when we took Virtanen, though i am still expecting him to really break out anytime now, but i understand why some people are losing patients.

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Love it. Can’t wait to see him on Bo or Pete’s wing. Big, nasty, talented. 

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Puljujarvi (make the trade)

Lind Gaudette XXXXX 

XXXXX Madden McEwen

Hughes Tryamkin

Juolevi Woo

XXXXX Stecher

Demko

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Very good pick the kid turns 18 on June 24th, 6'1, 190 lbs, plays with edge and has great skill....Vancouver fans will see how good this player is at

world JR U20 this coming year...Can't wait for Podkolzin to arrive in 2 yrs and he will be NHL ready..

Great pick Jim and staff..

I can not wait to see this kid face off against Woo.  Should be a great battle.  It'll be weird to cheer against the Russians a little less though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GoldenAlien said:

Another thing to keep in mind: Hughes and EP40 are Oct/Nov birthdays who were turning 19 the year that they were drafted.  Podkolzin is still 17 for a few more days and is one of the younger guys in his draft. 

That means if Podkolzin was drafted in 2020 instead, he would be four months older than Hughes was when he got drafted.  If Podkolzin plays two more seasons in the KHL then make the jump around March 2021 once his season is over, he would've made the NHL as a 19 year old who's turning 20 -- same as Hughes this year.  EP40 made his debut a month before his 20th birthday.  So Podkolzin isn't really behind the others if he takes two years. 

Good solid info. The way you broke it down really makes it seem a lot sooner rather than later. Teams win with solid contributions from guys on ELC’s and a better than average mid 20’s core. By the time he’s done dominating the K, EP, Brock and Bo will have a ton of games under their belt and should be competing with the big dogs of the west.  We can hopefully enjoy some decent playoff runs. 

• Cheers 1