Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Still not producing points though. I will be more excited when he starts finishing . Those are underwhelming game stats. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The guy just played meaningful minutes in arguably the next best league after the NHL as an 18 year old. What are you expecting? I'm very excited that he got this opportunity finally and hopefully builds on it.

 

To put things into perspective, their top 3 scorers after 30 games have 22, 21, and 18 points then drops to 9 points for the next player. Not a high scoring team, but one of the stingier teams for goals against.

A sinlge point would be nice . 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 10:42 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah.....no offence Alf.  But you are a major Canuck homer and band wagoner. If he scored you would have yelled from Grouse Mountain he was the next coming of Orr.

True, as many Canuck fans are too young to remember Orr is a D man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The guy just played meaningful minutes in arguably the next best league after the NHL as an 18 year old. What are you expecting? I'm very excited that he got this opportunity finally and hopefully builds on it.

 

To put things into perspective, their top 3 scorers after 30 games have 22, 21, and 18 points then drops to 9 points for the next player. Not a high scoring team, but one of the stingier teams for goals against.

Exactly this the stats have to be taken with a grain of salt. He’s playing in some tough leagues. If he was playing in the CHL like a lot of his peers with his size, heart and skill I can easily see him as a top point getter if he was playing in the CHL.

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

KHL or MHL?

VHL  8pts in 13games.  Adult league; I don't think he'll play on the MHL team anymore (he's only played 2 games).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way for him to get out of his KHL contract early.

I just wonder if all this moving around between leagues, coaches, facilities etc is going to effect development.

Would much rather see him in Utica getting some consistency.

I had no concerns about drafting someone who was definitely not going to be available for two years but when he is getting jerked around so much I think we need to try to be more hands on in taking over his development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 3:06 PM, theo5789 said:

He's an 18 year old. He has 4 points in 2 games amongst junior level competition. 7 points in 12 games against their AHL level competition. He just played his first game with meaningful minutes at the KHL level. He clearly provides more to his game than just points alone. He's doing just fine.

Thanks. I actually had no idea what to make of his stats with all the bouncing around between leagues and understanding which league is equal to what level so this helped.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, cuporbust said:

Still not producing points though. I will be more excited when he starts finishing . Those are underwhelming game stats. 

People want to castrate Goldobin for what the perceive was him being a defensive liability....kid plays right in to Canucks system, which I hate, but he does exactly what Cull would be salivating over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

People want to castrate Goldobin for what the perceive was him being a defensive liability....kid plays right in to Canucks system, which I hate, but he does exactly what Cull would be salivating over.

I am a huge podkolzin fan, just excited for when he starts finishing more often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Is there a way for him to get out of his KHL contract early.

I just wonder if all this moving around between leagues, coaches, facilities etc is going to effect development.

Would much rather see him in Utica getting some consistency.

I had no concerns about drafting someone who was definitely not going to be available for two years but when he is getting jerked around so much I think we need to try to be more hands on in taking over his development.

If he can move up into regular KHL minutes, there's no reason to get him out of his contract. He will develop better over there.

 

In 2 years, we'll sign him and he'll start his ELC, probably playing in Vancouver instead of Utica. No reason to rush this kid, he's developing.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

Thanks. I actually had no idea what to make of his stats with all the bouncing around between leagues and understanding which league is equal to what level so this helped.

I don't think, in his situation, that you can use stats to measure his progress or effectiveness.  I can't imagine what it must be like bouncing between so many teams, with so many different linemates.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.