The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Did Canucks lose out on their guy?

Rate this topic

Doogie

22 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I'm just curious, and maybe I missed something, but how is everyone certain that they had Podkolzin at 8? Benning said himself himself in his interview right after the pick that Podz was a top 5 talent in this draft. 

Seems to me the only reason he fell to the Canucks is because of the 2 year contract in the KHL but, like Benning also mentioned, everyone that was left would've been 2-3 years from making it anyways so it just made sense to take a top 5 talent at 10th.

He is a top 5 talent, doesn't mean they had him at 5. There was a tweet after the draft saying that bennings team had him at 8

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

He is a top 5 talent, doesn't mean they had him at 5. There was a tweet after the draft saying that bennings team had him at 8

We should find out what JB was thinking (talking about) during the first 10 picks when the team releases the draft stuff video.  Like when they were all so giddy when Quinn Hughes fell to the last year. 

9 hours ago, ForestFalcon said:

There's a chance of that, personally was hoping for Zegras there like a lot of people, but if Pod pans out, it would fantastic, probably even better than those other options if he brings that element of making us tougher to play against. I do hope in a couple years he's able to speak some English.

Guaranteed!! 

In their 3rd interview (late Thursday afternoon)  Benning gifted him a Rosetta Stone 

• Haha 1

I don't think its fair to assume or guess if JB lost his guy in Zegras.  Nobody know for sure the cost, and nobody knows who is guy was anyway.  I figured we'd have the choice of one of Pod, Newhook, Krebs, maybe Caufield and a couple of the Dmen.  I'm happy with Podkolzin.  Probably would have been happy with Krebs or Caufield as well.

12 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

Ok so JB has selected Podkolzin ....but when???? is this going to play for the Nucks?? still under contract for 2 yrs????? WTF.....the Nucks need help NOW....is JB going to buy out his remaining term with Russian club? or what? why select someone who can'f fracking play for you for two whole seasons???? Someone please enlighten me ffs

You know what the entry draft...is.... right?