The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Podkolzin Buy Out

Rate this topic

Doogie

The Sedin's, Pettersson, and many, many more played their draft +1 or +2 , in Europe in the men's leagues, just developing their game. You have to remember, Vasili is one of the younger players in the draft upper tier, so he has lots of developing to do.

Just having him grow into his body and have 2 years to develop his coordination, and man strength will move him up our depth chart. I heard that he would/could already play on our 3rd line, well can you imagine 10 to 15 more pounds, and 2 years on that locomotive. 

I really think Benning lucked out again, and has added a great prospect to our family, now we have to show patience...…...LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL:bigblush:

Yeah, right!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

He is two years away. relax as he is a kid and needs it. Hopefully he learns English.   

Dunno man. If you don’t have a doctorate by 12 years old you’re a write off...

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Letting him develop in the KHL against men without burning ELC years is better for our long-term success.

Come to think of it I think this would work best for his development, hopefully when he does get here he’ll be one heck of a player. 

Edited by Doogie

I agree with most of the comments on this subject.  Generally speaking, players are better off to develop for a couple of years before jumping into the big time,  especially players from Europe who are better off coming to N America at 20 years old rather than 17 or 18 years old.

I do however have a slight concern with Pods.  Last year he bounced around on three different teams in 3 different leagues.  Many experts attributed his lower stats on the fact that he had no stability.  If he can have some stability next year, keep him in Russia, if he's getting bounced around, try and get him out of there because it can only retard his development and that's not fair on the kid

Edited by danaimo

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

KHL switching to NHL size rinks too. 

Both him and Tryamkin will be getting some time with the smaller surface. 

Only 1 team is changing their rink size - Barys Astana.  

11 hours ago, FutureFilm said:

Patience is word Canucks fans dont like. He's solid but needs the 2 years to complete his game. Hopefully it allows him to settle in one place and get into a rhythm. Bounced around a lot last season. 

Rushin' the Russian. Lets leave that to the Oilers.