The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

Just now, Odd. said:

I don't understand how people think giving up a 3rd and a 1st for a 50 point player is a good trade.

This trade goes against everything he's said. 

Benning doesn't have a contract past this season. There's your answer

1 minute ago, ninja321 said:

I hate giving first round picks, but the pick is at least protected next year where it's supposed to be deep. Now we have JT Miller, who's signed for the next 4 years at a reasonable cap that is a great piece for our core. 

and if we don't make the playoffs in 2021? It feels like a cap dump by Tampa and we gave up a first.. ugh.

Just now, combover said:

But yeah he’s not trying to save his job. 

we get the full cap hit give up 2 picks and a prospect. For a 50 point guy. 

So we miss the playoffs next year keep our pick and finally win the lottery in 2021 and TB gets it. 

Desperate move to try to save his job. 

We gave up an emergency goalie but I feel you though

This is a &^@#ing brutal trade. Holy crap. P.K &^@#ing Subban a Norris trophy winner went for less. What?

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

Jesus Christ

Potential Sens pick scenario 2.0

...unless we get a Panarin or something in FA, I don’t get what made management so confident of giving away our 1st which could very well be a lottery pick. 

Its conditional for next year - if we don't make the playoffs it moves to 2021 

• Upvote 1

More than I hoped. Mazanek is nothing of consequence, but either a lesser conditional pick or drop the 3rd this year and I'd be happier. The contract is ok, and he'll be a good player, but he's a contributor vs someone who drives the play. It just so happens we could use that player and he's an upgrade on Leivo, but costs more as well.

Edited by elvis15

Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

If we don't make playoffs in 2020, then they get the 2021 1st rounder instead

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

If we make the playoffs we don't have a 1st next year. If we don't, the 1st becomes a 2021

That's ok then

Our defense has not and is not changing.  I expect another playoff miss next year