The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

I mean, what if this turns out to be a 1 OA. Like, let’s not pretend this is impossible. So next year we miss playoffs and don’t give them our pick. The year after we miss playoffs again being last in the league. If that happens, pick some how materializes into 1OA

, then what?

Just now, iinatcc said:

I dunno most of the people I listened to had Vancouver's best interest in mind. Ray Ferraro wasn't too keen on the idea bad he's a BC native. 

Love Ray.  He’s one of my favourites.  His coin comes from back east though.  That’s the audience he needs to appeal to.  

42 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

If this was a great trade how come only a couple of people from both TSN or Sportsnet think this was any good? 

Oh...you mean kipper? The guy's IQ makes him mentally retarded. Ferraro? The guy knows nothing about the Canucks. 

This was a great trade.....very exciting for the Canucks and us real Canuck fans!!    :towel:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

I mean, what if this turns out to be a 1 OA. Like, let’s not pretend this is impossible. So next year we miss playoffs and don’t give them our pick. The year after we miss playoffs again being last in the league. If that happens, pick some how materializes into 1OA

, then what?

Nothing happens to us.  We will get up, go to work (unless we’re retired :P) love our families, enjoy our friends, and our lives will carry on.  Or we will drive our scooters off our 22nd floor balconies. :shock:

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh...you mean kipper? The guy's IQ makes him mentally retarded. Ferraro? The guy knows nothing about the Canucks. 

This was a great trade.....very exciting for the Canucks and us real Canuck fans!!    :towel:

Can’t say mentally retarded anymore.  I think the correct PC term is now “MORON”.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

, then what?

What Miller puts up 70+ points for the 8 years and Tampa's pick goes nowhere. Then what? What if Miller scores the goal that wins us the Stanley cup. Then what? What if Pettersson is waved out of the faceoff circle in game 5 of the second round in 2021, a round in which we're down 3-1, and Miller comes in to take the draw, wins it, and we score the game winning goal that keeps us from being eliminated, and we then go on to win the next two games, and eventually win the cup. Then what?

Hypotheticals are dumb.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What Miller puts up 70+ points for the 8 years and Tampa's pick goes nowhere. Then what? What if Miller scores the goal that wins us the Stanley cup. Then what? What if Pettersson is waved out of the faceoff circle in game 5 of the second round in 2021, a round in which we're down 3-1, and Miller comes in to take the draw, wins it, and we score the game winning goal that keeps us from being eliminated, and we then go on to win the next two games, and eventually win the cup. Then what?

Hypotheticals are dumb.

JT Miller is a gamble. If we did this for someone like a Sebastian Aho, sure. But JT Miller is a second liner, not worth the gamble in my opinion. Miller could step into the top 6 but if someone has to come out because the top 6 is not playing well he will be the first one to drop. He is one of those players that can move up and down the lineup, so we are not getting a sure fire top 6. TB used him as a fourth liner. I don’t get this trade 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, ktcy2 said:

If Miller is as advertised, a top 6 winger, why did TB use him in the fourth line? I am curious to know 

They didn't.

He was used primarily on a 3rd line with Kilhorn and Cirelli. He ended up 5th in scoring amongst Tampa forwards, 1 point shy of 4th behind Point, Stamkos and Kucherov. This despite missing 7 games and playing below his career average in ice time.

Why didnt he play as much in Tampa last year? Balanced attack and a stacked team.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

If Miller is as advertised, a top 6 winger, why did TB use him in the fourth line? I am curious to know 

He still managed to finish top 6 in Tampa Bay scoring, 5th most amongst forwards, despite being deployed as a bottom 6 much of the time. In fact, outside of Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman and Point, Miller had the best PPG average of anyone else on that team.

To answer your question, my guess would be to give their bottom six some depth and scoring punch that would allow them to basically obliterate other teams bottom 6, which they did.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

JT Miller is a gamble. If we did this for someone like a Sebastian Aho, sure. But JT Miller is a second liner, not worth the gamble in my opinion. Miller could step into the top 6 but if someone has to come out because the top 6 is not playing well he will be the first one to drop. He is one of those players that can move up and down the lineup, so we are not getting a sure fire top 6. TB used him as a fourth liner. I don’t get this trade 

You are just spouting hyperbolic silliness at this point.  :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Do you know anything about Miller.  

From reading your post, I can see that you don't.  

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

It's the CDC, it's the break between the draft and FA signing period.  

This is the practice round until JB signs a player or two.  Then the real bitching will commence.  

This ain't bad at all. You only have a handful of people crying and moaning and typing like they are actual NHL paid scouts and they know better than JB.

hfcanucks and the mouth breathing morons -  90% of them all cry and moan together in an orgy of whines and embarrassing stupidity.   

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

, then what?

Then we cry ourselves to sleep.

That would be a very Canuck thing to happen too.

Not gonna worry about it until the time comes.

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Hey if he can get 47 points on the 4th line, what can he do with more minutes and better linemates?

Well......anal lytics say 4th line so 4 x 47 = 188 points.  Holy Sh*&^%....steal of a trade!!!   :ph34r:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Should I even bother?

• Like 1