The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

The more it settles in the better this trade looks.

Matt Duchene will get around 9 plus mill. He's a 50 Pts C.

We got Miller who's a power forward. One of the hardest positions to fill. He's at what 5.6 mill.. hes a big guy. Exactly what this teams fambase cried out for last season.. 

And he can play C or Wing.

Gave up a 1st so what. Got a heck of a player back. He'll get more pts then Duchesne next season. Play on EPs wing. And provide a heavy game..

I seriously think Benning is going to look like a genius and everyone going to be surprised at the player he got to play with EP and BB

Both BB and EP will have a lot more goals and pts next season because they have Miller as linemate. 

I am totally on board with all your positive stuff. But if JT Miller gets more points than duchene, which is a point per game basically, we win the western conf final lmao.  Not quite gonna happen but would love it if it did lol.

45 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Busy talking on the phone and took my time writing my post above. I see lumme and WHL beat me to it.B)

I wanted to list the points and make my post a bit more detailed. Didnt have time

Thx for doing it..  I was in middle of juggling cpl different things. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I've been accused of being too negative on here sometimes. 

But like Lumme posted above its likely Miller gets more points. He'll get top line mins. Plus playing with EP and BB will help. 

He's no longer a middle 6 player on this team. He'll be playing closer to 20 mins per game instead of 14 plus mins he played in Tampa.

I'm just so glad EP and BB have a powerforward on their line.. we desperately needed a guy like that 26yrs old power forward in his prime. 

And about your point about winning the WCF and going to SCF there is less than 1% chance imo.. 

Thos team doesn't have the defense to win a round let alone 3 rounds.

But it's a step in the right direction. Big step

Last year I would have had to agree that our D was not playoff caliber. But by the time the next playoffs roll around, I expect that our Dcorps will include Hughes, OJ and quite possibly Tram. That is a significant upgrade on where we were a year ago.

While I don't really expect the team to make a deep post season run next season, I do think they have a decent chance to make the playoffs. And if they do, well.....what happened this season? Wasn't it 7 of 8 first round series the favourites got bounced? Who expected that? Obviously once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, WHL rocks said:

The more it settles in the better this trade looks.

Matt Duchene will get around 9 plus mill. He's a 50 Pts C.

We got Miller who's a power forward. One of the hardest positions to fill. He's at what 5.6 mill.. hes a big guy. Exactly what this teams fambase cried out for last season.. 

And he can play C or Wing.

Gave up a 1st so what. Got a heck of a player back. He'll get more pts then Duchesne next season. Play on EPs wing. And provide a heavy game..

I seriously think Benning is going to look like a genius and everyone going to be surprised at the player he got to play with EP and BB

Both BB and EP will have a lot more goals and pts next season because they have Miller as linemate. 

This.

And did anyone see what Colorado just paid Washington for Burakovsky (25 pnts last year 12 goals)? A 2nd, 3rd and a fringe player.

How can anyone say we overpaid?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

image.jpeg.02add768d0c9c5bd325b96a8a3b9bbe7.jpeg

Can't wait to see this guy in a Nucks uni!

Anybody actually follow JT Miller’s NHL career to date? Cuz I’ll admit, I sure haven’t.

I watched a bunch of videos though, and he looks like he plays a heavy pro game and can dish out hits while displaying some real skill offensively. Well-spoken, ready to compete, entering his prime.

He’s going to be a very good player for us.

This notion that we “overpaid” is borderline insulting to the guy. He’s a veteran player coming in at a great stage in his career. There’s more to that than “perceived value”.

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mpt said:

I’m going to come out and just admit, I was wrong.  I am totally fine with this trade and think JB did a great job.  I didn’t know he was going to overhaul this team as much as he did after this trade.  With the additions of Myers, Benn, and now Ferland, this Miller trade looks a like a great deal for us.

I did say earlier in this thread, I like the player and hate the trade.  I’ll admit when I’m wrong.  I like the player and I like this trade.  Props to JB I didn’t think he could do this many quality changes at good contracts lengths and dollars as he did.  This is worth a contract extension.

A lot of you guys that had it out with me earlier were right, I was wrong.  My bad...

I like Jim. He overpaid for Miller. There is no perfect GM out there. Move on.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3