The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

5 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Well no offense bud but you dont really know what the market value is for any player.  None of us do. Unless you work the phones and discuss trades with NHL General Managers,  you really have no clue. So to say so matter of factly that he paid Market value is just an embarrassing thing to say. So facepalm yourself.

I'm a big fan of Bennings work I really like what hes built so far,  I think if Francesco let's him see this rebuild through and doesnt fire him too early,  I truly think Benning is building a real cup contender,   but in my OPINION,  Benning paid too much for Miller.  I love the player coming back,  but that 1st really hurts.  But sometimes you have to give, to get.  I just really hate giving up that 1st. 

It is what it is.  I think well end up making the playoffs this season anyways with the new additions.

Well good for you bud. You think Benning paid too much. Using  your own type of wording, are you an NHL GM or involved in any way in the NHL in making decisions? No...I thought not.

What makes you think you know the value of a player better than an actual NHL GM? You are the one with no clue....as you put it. :picard: So to say otherwise is just embarrassing. Go slap  yourself in the face multiple times.

See there....I can do what you did.

No offense but if JB thinks he paid market value for a 1st line forward then that is what happened. Just because some online poster says it was too much that means less than nothing.

JB made an excellent trade.

:picard:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

This is just embarrassing to read.

I think Millier is going to be great. But to say hes going to score more points than Matt Duchene really just shows your level of knowledge on the players. And the game in general.  I would bet money you've never even watched Miller play and you're just typing your posts mindlessly.

Duchene scored 70 pts last season in 73 games.  JT Miller doesnt have that type of Offensive potential.  I know you're going to argue with me on this fact,  and you go right on ahead,  but take your homer goggles off and use your head.

You're salty. What makes you think your posts are any better than that posters? Go back to hf.....:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Well good for you bud. You think Benning paid too much. Using  your own type of wording, are you an NHL GM or involved in any way in the NHL in making decisions? No...I thought not.

What makes you think you know the value of a player better than an actual NHL GM? You are the one with no clue....as you put it. :picard: So to say otherwise is just embarrassing. Go slap  yourself in the face multiple times.

See there....I can do what you did.

No offense but if JB thinks he paid market value for a 1st line forward then that is what happened. Just because some online poster says it was too much that means less than nothing.

JB made an excellent trade.

:picard:

Lol  if you're going to come back with this verbal diarrhea,  atleast read my post in its entirety before making yourself look like a fool.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You're salty. What makes you think your posts are any better than that posters? Go back to hf.....:ph34r:

Nah.  Not salty.  Just a realist.  If you agree with that poster and think JT Miller has the same offensive skill as Matt Duchene then that says all that needs to be said about your opinions about hockey moving forward.

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Pete M said:

for the record...cap hit is $5.25M per...even better.

Capture.PNG

also, notice what position he plays...like you mentioned...center and both wings

Career face off percentage is right around 50%. I bet if he does play with Petey and brock he take a a majority of the face offs, similar to Draisaitl taking draws for McDavid in Edmonton. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Career face off percentage is right around 50%. I bet if he does play with Petey and brock he take a a majority of the face offs, similar to Draisaitl taking draws for McDavid in Edmonton. 

Yeah, I keep seeing people's lineups with Ferland there. I have little doubt MF does indeed get time on Petey's LW (particularly against bigger teams/situationally if he's getting roughed up) but I think the default will be to have Miller (who's pretty gritty/physically capable himself) there. Arguably more skilled, refined two way game, able to pitch in on draws...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GreyHatnDart said:

The narrative of Canucks Twitterverse (the Chris Keehn's of the world), is that Benning overpaid a team that was looking for a "cap dump".  I was told that Carolina was able to secure a first, and that it was the same situation... I honestly don't even know how to debate with people who think that way about the JT Miller trade. It blows my mind how absolute anti-Benning some fans are and anything he does is an absolutely huge mistake. 

Wasn’t that guy challenging people to a fist fight this weekend?  

He’s unstable and cares more about getting JB fired than anything else.  Now he’s panicking because the team looks good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I keep seeing people's lineups with Ferland there. I have little doubt MF does indeed get time on Petey's LW (particularly against bigger teams/situationally if he's getting roughed up) but I think the default will be to have Miller (who's pretty gritty/physically capable himself) there. Arguably more skilled, refined two way game, able to pitch in on draws...

It’s a toss up for me.  I like the idea of Miller setting up Bo and Pearson, who are more shoot first players.  

Petey can do it all and I think Brock is underrated in his playmaking... thus Ferland fits better with them as a balance thing.  

I think Miller is obviously the bigger impact offensive player though.  He’s that 4th forward we were really missing to round out our top 6.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Come on now, not even Benning is thinking that. He paid the MSRP if anything. 

I think an under good contract, a versatile play all position, young PWF, with a proven track record would normally cost you a late 1st, a decent prospect and likely a mid pick.

We saved on the prospect.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think an under good contract, a versatile play all position, young PWF, with a proven track record would normally cost you a late 1st, a decent prospect and likely a mid pick.

We saved on the prospect.

He is a two way player not a PWF, does not uses his size to his full advantage (although he does win board battles). People in Tampa were not really high on him either. He is not a first line winger, he is a second line winger with great versatility (tampa saw him as a third line player). 

https://www.rawcharge.com/2019/5/10/18537098/2018-2019-tampa-bay-lightning-player-grades-j-t-miller-is-a-solid-depth-player

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He is a two way player not a PWF, does not uses his size to his full advantage (although he does win board battles). People in Tampa were not really high on him either. He is not a first line winger, he is a second line winger with great versatility (tampa saw him as a third line player). 

https://www.rawcharge.com/2019/5/10/18537098/2018-2019-tampa-bay-lightning-player-grades-j-t-miller-is-a-solid-depth-player

:bored:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What are people in Tampa high on these days? First round sweeps?

True, their dream team didn't fair well at all (definitely built for the regular season). JT Miller's playoff production scares me a bit too though, only 3 goals in 61 career NHL playoff games. 

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

True, their dream team didn't fair well at all (definitely built for the regular season).

They are the very definition of a team built for the regular season. The way they flamed out was spectacularly average. Very little players showed any drive to fight for survival.

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

JT Miller's playoff production scares me a bit too though, only 3 goals in 61 career NHL playoff games. 

His utilization will definitely change on the Canucks roster. If he achieves the same level of success on a new team, then, in my opinion, your fears are warranted. Hopefully having a center like Bo will inspire him.

To the people that hate this trade I have a question. Not a judgement, but an honest question. What other moves could JB have done to improve the team more or as much for fewer assets. JT is debatably a top line player but generally accepted as an NHL level top six. He is a big body, plays a solid 200 foot game and can play all three forward positions. He has demonstrated enough skill to fit in on a top line as well as grind it out on the third or fourth when needed. Additionally he is in the right age group for our core and locked into a reasonable contract. What other player could we have picked up for a conditional first and a third that would be better?  I don’t believe that he could have been had a lot cheaper or that JB wouldn’t have tried to get him for less. What else is out there actually available at around that value that’s better than JT Miller?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Lol  if you're going to come back with this verbal diarrhea,  atleast read my post in its entirety before making yourself look like a fool.

You made yourself look like a fool with your silly attitude. No use reading the rest. :picard:

2 hours ago, Amebushi said:

To the people that hate this trade I have a question. Not a judgement, but an honest question. What other moves could JB have done to improve the team more or as much for fewer assets. JT is debatably a top line player but generally accepted as an NHL level top six. He is a big body, plays a solid 200 foot game and can play all three forward positions. He has demonstrated enough skill to fit in on a top line as well as grind it out on the third or fourth when needed. Additionally he is in the right age group for our core and locked into a reasonable contract. What other player could we have picked up for a conditional first and a third that would be better?  I don’t believe that he could have been had a lot cheaper or that JB wouldn’t have tried to get him for less. What else is out there actually available at around that value that’s better than JT Miller?

Don't try and use logic. They just wanna cry and yell "JB paid too much".....derp......

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1