The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's impossible. Lafreniere will enter draft end of this season.  

If Canucks don't make playoffs TBL don't get our 1st rounder this year it automatically becomes the following year's 1st rounder.

But the fear is if we make the playoffs, they will use our 1st in a package to get the 1st overall, duh. We just traded away Lafreniere guys :frantic:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

You know the pick is lottery protected this year.. Also as long as we don’t have big injuries this team should make the playoffs. We are winning games with solid defence and goaltending. Our top line is yet to start producing well.

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

That's impossible. Lafreniere will enter draft end of this season.  

If Canucks don't make playoffs TBL don't get our 1st rounder this year it automatically becomes the following year's 1st rounder.

It was supposed to be sarcasm peeps.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Yes but it's unlikely Tanev goes.....especially for nothing.  I did read....it just doesn't make sense moving forward.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

Sautner Fantenberg 

With Juolevi in the mix

Tryamkin might be back at seasons end

IF the canucks acquire Ristolainen 

Tanev is a UFA

Fantenberg is UFA

Stecher is RFA

Tanev Vs Stecher; Who is better long term in the 5/6 spot? Cap hit? Injuries... etc

Edler Ristolainen 

Hughes Myers 

Benn STECHER

Juolevi 

possibly Tryamkin

59 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That TB executive probably doesn't realize how many bandwagoners we have.

Canuck fans didn't know how good he would be.  We're accustomed to good players doing poorly once traded to the  team.  Secondly, with JB's drafting record, nobody likes to see the Canucks lose a first rounder.  JT is making everything alright but it's understandable at the time of the trade that there would be fans who were less than impressed given the above.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Canuck fans didn't know how good he would be.  We're accustomed to good players doing poorly once traded to the  team.  Secondly, with JB's drafting record, nobody likes to see the Canucks lose a first rounder.  JT is making everything alright but it's understandable at the time of the trade that there would be fans who were less than impressed given the above.

I think his drafting in the later rounds might be is best gift to us. He has made a couple blunders with high picks.

I stand by my comment I swear we lead the league in bandwagoners.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, NHL97OneTimer said:

Let's not group us all together. Many here were talking about how good he would/could be. The ones that didn't know simply didn't know who JT Miller was and did some quick looks on his minutes and production while eating up the media talk.

Considering all the flak we hear about Virtanen and Juolevi, I'm surprised many weren't actually happy to use up a 1st for a legit NHL regular. Virtanen and Juolevi are the ones constantly mentioned when it comes to JB's draft record. It's not surprised some fans are "accustomed" to the trade record because all that is always brought up/remembered are the ones that didn't turn out well, while the majority of his deals have been fine (steals don't happen as often these days with GMs looking to make hockey trades).

So now JB has upped his trade record. He's made solid UFA acquisitions (no longer placeholder signings). and his draft record speaks for itself. There's no reason to be dumping on JB for the next little while unless you're looking for it.

• Cheers 2