The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

44 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Hilarious reading the first ten pages of this thread, pure comedy. Some people are confused what a cap dump is comparing this move to the Leafs trading a 40 year old and the Devils trading two second rounders for a declining D man with a 9 Mill cap hit.  Miller is a really good player on a great contract. The pick is conditional and i don't see the Canucks missing the playoffs in the next two years and if they do, they'll be a WC team so it still won't be a top 10 pick unless they won a lotto pick. When was the last time they won one of those, even with the best odds? I believe the draft lottery has been rigged since Crosby was the first overall pick. Last year was too obvious, NJ(second one in two years), NYR and Chicago.  

The build up is fantastic 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Timbermen said:

Hilarious reading the first ten pages of this thread, pure comedy. Some people are confused what a cap dump is comparing this move to the Leafs trading a 40 year old and the Devils trading two second rounders for a declining D man with a 9 Mill cap hit.  Miller is a really good player on a great contract. The pick is conditional and i don't see the Canucks missing the playoffs in the next two years and if they do, they'll be a WC team so it still won't be a top 10 pick unless they won a lotto pick. When was the last time they won one of those, even with the best odds? I believe the draft lottery has been rigged since Crosby was the first overall pick. Last year was too obvious, NJ(second one in two years), NYR and Chicago.  

The real fun started on page 8 when people found out we gave up a first :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Remy said:

I really love how some people don't even leave themselves any wiggle room. Everything is such strong rhetoric. No "I'm skeptical because A, B, and C, but we'll see." No, it's "Worst. Trade. Ever." It's laughable.

Whats really funny is its the same people.Glass half empty guys just looking for something to point a finger at. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

Now I got Miller as my sig and has become my favourite Canuck. Lol.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, Odd. said:

Dude, giving up a 1st and 3rd is something I would expect in a trade for &^@#ing Tyson Barrie. Not JT Miller WADR to Miller.

God damn this trade &^@#in sucks

:lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

Lol, I obviously overreacted, but I did say a few post after that one, this trade is going to be a wash if the pick was in the 20s anyway as we would like to draft a player like Miller at that spot anyways.

Glad I was wrong, that pick is doing overtime and working like a 10th overall pick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol, one guy said ' a first and a third, thats what i'd expect for &^@#ing Tyson Barrie'......&^@#ing  Tyson Barrie is a RFA at the end of this year and is having a terrible year in TO. That would have been a disaster. JTM is worth the first, thats what you'd hope a mid 1st round pick to turn into but you'd have to wait for years, Great trade, one of JB's best. 

• Upvote 1

Damn...JT has been a revelation. He's found a home. He's playing like he belongs here. Great trade, at the moment. We make the playoffs, I would fully say that 1st rounder is worth it. Honestly, gotta say though...the team seems to be missing Sutter. They just started falling off when he got injured. Gaudette is scoring pretty well, but holding leads has been a problem. Makes me wonder how the future of our bottom 6 is truly gonna look.

If we make the playoffs that 1st rounder is likely to be 15-20th overall which is a pretty good deal for a 1st line winger who plays 1st line PP and PK minutes as well on pace for 85 points. Smart condition put in place by JB, he's clearly got a good nose for these players and knows where to put them to be successful. Tampa were obviously overloaded with talent at the time and had nowhere for him, and NYR didn't have enough to complement him, but with the Canucks as he's developing as a better player, he's getting slotted alongside some of the best young talent in the league and they're each making each other better players.