Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

I think JT might be the best overall player on the Canucks. Not saying he is better than Pettersson talent wise but Miller has that veteran presence that our young guns can look to and rely on 

• Hydration 3

This thread should be a first ballot candidate for the forum HoF. Not quite "Burrows? Do we need him?", but it's up there.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

Now I got Miller as my sig and has become my favourite Canuck. Lol.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, Odd. said:

Dude, giving up a 1st and 3rd is something I would expect in a trade for &^@#ing Tyson Barrie. Not JT Miller WADR to Miller.

God damn this trade &^@#in sucks

:lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

Lol, I obviously overreacted, but I did say a few post after that one, this trade is going to be a wash if the pick was in the 20s anyway as we would like to draft a player like Miller at that spot anyways.

Glad I was wrong, that pick is doing overtime and working like a 10th overall pick.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

Haha....man some of those are pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol, one guy said ' a first and a third, thats what i'd expect for &^@#ing Tyson Barrie'......&^@#ing  Tyson Barrie is a RFA at the end of this year and is having a terrible year in TO. That would have been a disaster. JTM is worth the first, thats what you'd hope a mid 1st round pick to turn into but you'd have to wait for years, Great trade, one of JB's best. 

• Upvote 1

Damn...JT has been a revelation. He's found a home. He's playing like he belongs here. Great trade, at the moment. We make the playoffs, I would fully say that 1st rounder is worth it. Honestly, gotta say though...the team seems to be missing Sutter. They just started falling off when he got injured. Gaudette is scoring pretty well, but holding leads has been a problem. Makes me wonder how the future of our bottom 6 is truly gonna look.

If we make the playoffs that 1st rounder is likely to be 15-20th overall which is a pretty good deal for a 1st line winger who plays 1st line PP and PK minutes as well on pace for 85 points. Smart condition put in place by JB, he's clearly got a good nose for these players and knows where to put them to be successful. Tampa were obviously overloaded with talent at the time and had nowhere for him, and NYR didn't have enough to complement him, but with the Canucks as he's developing as a better player, he's getting slotted alongside some of the best young talent in the league and they're each making each other better players.

4 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

Damn...JT has been a revelation. He's found a home. He's playing like he belongs here. Great trade, at the moment. We make the playoffs, I would fully say that 1st rounder is worth it. Honestly, gotta say though...the team seems to be missing Sutter. They just started falling off when he got injured. Gaudette is scoring pretty well, but holding leads has been a problem. Makes me wonder how the future of our bottom 6 is truly gonna look.

This is an interesting look. There were a few times in the 3rd where the team could've easily put out Horvat for an offensive faceoff when we had the lead, but Green chose to put Gaudette out. He risked playing with the lead against an eastern team that had lesser bearing to the standings if we gave up the point to them to give Gaudette more experience. Not saying Gaudette was the problem, but we could've gained more possession at this point and controlled the game a bit more, but then Horvat's minutes would be elevated. Looks like Green is managing minutes and trying to develop our players on the fly.

• Hydration 3

36 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

This is an interesting look. There were a few times in the 3rd where the team could've easily put out Horvat for an offensive faceoff when we had the lead, but Green chose to put Gaudette out. He risked playing with the lead against an eastern team that had lesser bearing to the standings if we gave up the point to them to give Gaudette more experience. Not saying Gaudette was the problem, but we could've gained more possession at this point and controlled the game a bit more, but then Horvat's minutes would be elevated. Looks like Green is managing minutes and trying to develop our players on the fly.

Wasnt bo held out for concussion?

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol

meh glad to eat crow

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

More than just his game Miller brings a calming leadership and accountability quality.  Great to have him as one of the leadership group. 

I  wonder if they had waited to name a Captain how much consideration he would be getting at this point?

Bo was the right choice but Miller would not be a bad choice to this point.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Wasnt bo held out for concussion?

Yes but even before Bo was sent off. Pretty much once we got the two goal lead.

• Upvote 1

This trade why I am glad Benning is the GM and I am armchairing. I love when I am proven wrong.

Edited by smokes
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

I think JT might be the best overall player on the Canucks. Not saying he is better than Pettersson talent wise but Miller has that veteran presence that our young guns can look to and rely on 

Veteran presence at 26! Love it! This kid is like money in the bank. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2