-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Still like going back to the first 20 pages and dredging up the gems

Miller is a brilliant player, isn’t he?  Big, skilled, tough, high compete.  He is great.  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Still like going back to the first 20 pages and dredging up the gems

Ya I just read through the first 15 or so. People seem to think that just because Tampa needed to clear cap space that it didn't matter the quality of player they were trading. I wonder if we had traded for Matthews because Toronto needed to clear cap space would fans still expect us to not give up anything more than a 3rd. 

People also saw that a 5 mil contract was tough for TB but was actually fair value for what he was producing, and now with his role on our team it seems like a bargain compared to contracts being signed. There were some people that were trying to point that out but they were definitely in the minority. 

• Hydration 1
  • Burrows 1

On 6/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, BPA said:

Gotta give to get.

Seems like I was neutral on this trade.  Needed to wait and see how it all played out.  But understood we got a good player at a fair price.  A hockey trade.

• Hydration 1

The overreactions are normal. But the best part was a lot of us thought Bo found his winger when really we aquired a First line left winger with leadership and one of the best face off man in the league 

• Hydration 1

Many (including myself) were a bit puzzled because a 1st was given up.  Of course JT is a good player, but considering that the TBL were somewhat in a tough cap situation, the Canucks still paid FMV for him.  

Unless there was some bidding war behind the scenes, you would have assumed that GMJB could have offered a lower package.  

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Many (including myself) were a bit puzzled because a 1st was given up.  Of course JT is a good player, but considering that the TBL were somewhat in a tough cap situation, the Canucks still paid FMV for him.  

Unless there was some bidding war behind the scenes, you would have assumed that GMJB could have offered a lower package.  

Can’t remember where but I remember reading sometime shortly after the trade that another team had offered up a first. The NYI are coming to mind. 

nearly a point a game player for us

strong face off guy

big body

well liked by teammates

not worth a conditional first

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Cap strapped or not you won't have trouble getting full value for a quality player at a fair cap hit with no trading restrictions.

Ask yourself this: The Coyotes were in need of offense. If you were their GM would you let the Canucks get Miller for song when you're in need of that type of player yourself? Then add in every other GM looking to add offense to his roster. Off the top at least half the league would be interested to get him at a bargain. And at least five of those would be interested in a fair deal.

Burke on the intermission of the Jets/CBJ arguing that MIller was the best offseason acquisition in the NHL.

And that the Canucks are the biggest "surprise" in the NHL.

Hard to argue with either Burkie.

Canucks twitterverse may never like you, but some of us in here sure do.