The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yes and finally done depth. A good chunk on that list don’t deserve to be full time players. Time to trim the fat. 

I'd like to see Sutter, Granlund, Schaller and Motte moved on.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is simplifying it also he scored 56 points against “top pairings” with the Rangers...

With Tampa he mainly played against other teams 2nd/3rd lines and 2nd pair defence. 

Miller/Horvat is a fair comparison objectively speaking. Bo 6’ 215,  JT 6’1 218, Miller can play Centre best season 56 points at 24 to Bo’s 61 points at 24. With an extra 5 minutes a game in the top 6 would produce 50-60 points easily. Not as far off a comparison as you think. 

So you would trade Horvat for Miller? 

• Wat 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Holland isn't giving Lucic away. 

It definitely won’t cost a 1st and a 3rd.

Their contracts are similar too especially if you justify their value with your statistics

2 minutes ago, mpt said:

It definitely won’t cost a 1st and a 3rd.

Their contracts are similar too especially if you justify their value with your statistics

One is entering his prime and the other is passed his best before date would rather have Miller and I like Lucic. 

That NMC is a no go for me. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

One is entering his prime and the other is passed his best before date would rather have Miller and I like Lucic. 

That NMC is a no go for me. 

Doesn’t Miller have one?

Dont get me wrong, I’d rather have Miller over Lucic.

Again I like the player, I dont like the trade.

We can no longer trade a 1st round pick for two years.  Do we really think Miller is the best player in the league that we can acquire using a 1st round pick over the next 2 seasons? I have a hard time believing that.

Edited by mpt

If it's moved to the following season is it lottery protected? I don't think we will have to worry. But an injury or 2 and you never know.. trading future 1st round picks in a lottery ERA is a dangerous game

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Yeah why plan for the future as a franchise.  

Maybe if we were cup contenders I'd be all in for slitting our throats (like Gillis did) by trading all our picks away. 

I love how people here praise all the 1st round picks playing on this team but the one we just traded away is apparently worthless.  LOL jesus. 

Moving a third and a late 1st for what is intended to be a top line LW on this team isn’t slitting our throats.  

He’s gambling on making the playoffs within two seasons, that’s not a terrible bet.

No one is saying the picks don’t have value but you need to give to get.  I’d have preferred D for a move like that but I’m willing to wait for the offseason to play out.  This is all just hyperbole.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2