The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Maybe not a troll but a hypocrite.

No-one called it amazing or are hyping it up as you claimed. Citing fair value for a player we need is not calling it amazing nor is it hyping it up.

050F390E-344F-4E8D-BDB3-E938713C2528.jpeg.c8bf2d7b852c1443927316cbe68f08e6.jpeg

You know @48MPHSlapShot was never referring to me. I just thought his statement with the lol was pretty ridiculous. Still respect him as a poster, just having some fun, so is he, none of us are taking this to heart.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

050F390E-344F-4E8D-BDB3-E938713C2528.jpeg.c8bf2d7b852c1443927316cbe68f08e6.jpeg

You know @48MPHSlapShot was never referring to me. I just thought his statement with the lol was pretty ridiculous. Still respect him as a poster, just having some fun, so is he, none of us are taking this to heart.

Sure thing. The confused face and the crying Lebron are proof of that right?

• Wat 1

After thinking about it a bit......ask your self this....jt Miller is the type a player petey and Brock need...... Now looking at what's out there would you rather have Kyle turris? Or krieder? Or another rental? Jt is under contract for a acouple more seasons so it's not like we cant gain assets later on.....I wish it was ristlo.....free agents like lee is going to cost a pretty penny and look at the pasted few power forwards or fiscal guys....Lucic,Neal,Ladd and the list goes on....they don't pan out often......so I trust benning and we still have a few pieces we could package for picks at the TD. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

considering the Lightning are in no position of power to negotiate as Miller will have his modified NTC kick in july 1st further reducing tampa bay's ability to trade him.. they were pretty desperate to move him before july 1st.. there was no rush to trade for him and i feel we could have gotten him without the 1st as it gets closer to july 1st.. so in that sense i don't feel this is a trade of value.. it's a good trade in terms of getting a good player.. but it's a horrible trade considering what we gave up to a team that have no leverage due to their cap situation and miller's NTC about to kick in.

His modified NTC is only a list of 8 teams he can't be traded to, which leaves a whopping 23 teams that he could still be dealt to. This wasn't crippling for them and there could easily be a bidding war for his services. With Callahan out for the year (and career), they already "saved" 5.8 million. They would be close to the cap without this deal, but they probably could make it work even if they didn't make this trade.

With that said, if there is a target that you want, you go for it. It's like if there's a player you want to draft, you could trade down and hope the player you want falls into your lap, but it opens up the risk of another team nabbing them, so sometimes it's just worth taking your player (or trading up to ensure you get said player).

The only controversial part is the conditional 1st and it would appear we want to be competitive (don't take this as being a contender, although just making the playoffs gives you that chance, just see this playoffs) as soon as next season especially given the condition of this deal. JT Miller goes a long way in achieving this before that 1st rounder would. Perhaps we can look into moving Miller a couple years down when he still has value down the road when Podkolzin is ready and if we need cap too.

So no it's not a horrible trade whatsoever. We needed a top 6 player and we have accomplished this.

33 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I’m pretty sure @Tomatoes11 and @combover are the only legit trolls around.... honourable mention to @The 5th Line ::D

Yeah trolling since 1990. Or maybe that makes me a bandwagoner. 

Troll  just the term of the day Benning fans use when people don’t like there lord and saviours  stupid moves being criticized 

I’m not a fan of Benning. Some on here are fans of Benning and I’ve had discussions  with them  And disagree without childish name calling. I respect those the ones, the ones  instantly go troll just show a lack of wits and an inability to accept that not everyone has to agree especially on a DISCUSSION BOARD. 

Curious to know if your in a live conversation with a friend or family member and they disagree with your point of view do you just call them trolls. 

Fyi what you did with your comment is the definition of trolling. 

Mission accomplished I guess. 

Edited by combover

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah trolling since 1990. Or maybe that makes me a bandwagon. 

Troll  just the term of the day Benning fans use when people don’t like there lord and saviours  stupid moves. 

I’m not a fan of Benning. Some on here are fans of Benning and I’ve had discussions  with them  And disagree without childish name calling. I respect those the ones, the ones  instantly go troll just show a lack of wits and an inability to accept that not everyone has to agree especially on a DISCUSSION BOARD. 

Curious to know if your in a live conversation with a friend or family member and they disagree with your point of view do you just call them trolls. 

If you agree with a friend or family member do you refer to them as your lord and saviour. That goes both ways.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Cool, could you then please list the players who are on the market, and who we would have gotten for a third and conditional first?

I'd personally like to see him present a slightly more specific list. A list of young top six players that would cost 5.25 mill per season or less, play all 3 forward positions, and have bite to their game. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

Do you honestly believe we'll be outside the playoffs in two years? It's lottery protected for next year. I highly doubt we'll be on the outside looking in with Miller added to Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Demko, etc. I think we have a serious shot at the playoffs next year barring serious injuries to our top six. In two years I can't see us missing the playoffs with the depth we'll have in Utica.

With the current state of our defence and defensive prospects, I’m a little worried yes. 

I like this trade

J.T Miller addresses a need.

Sure it sucks to lose a 1st, but Benning has a whole year to regain another 1st as a replacement if he feels that we will need one.

Im sure they have already looked ahead to next years draft class and believe that the prospects in the 16- 31 range are not worth holding on to the pick for (for now).

Things may change, and if they do and the scouts find a player in that range, then I'm sure JB will try to acquire another 1st round pick.

Edited by Krinjer33
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3