The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

33 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah trolling since 1990. Or maybe that makes me a bandwagoner. 

Troll  just the term of the day Benning fans use when people don’t like there lord and saviours  stupid moves being criticized 

I’m not a fan of Benning. Some on here are fans of Benning and I’ve had discussions  with them  And disagree without childish name calling. I respect those the ones, the ones  instantly go troll just show a lack of wits and an inability to accept that not everyone has to agree especially on a DISCUSSION BOARD. 

Curious to know if your in a live conversation with a friend or family member and they disagree with your point of view do you just call them trolls. 

Fyi what you did with your comment is the definition of trolling. 

Mission accomplished I guess. 

:bigblush:

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's ideal. But JB will be gone and new GM in if miss playoffs. 

Best thing is make playoffs both years and hope it's not a top 10 pick going to TBL

If new GM comes in who knows what happens. He likely makes some changes. 

If we make the playoffs first year, then second year isn't in play.  And TBL's pick will be 17th or worse

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Yes, I don't think he's signing any more forwards, minimal reason being we have too many as it is.  One thing that's easy to forget, is that we already have another top-6 winger -- Baertschi, providing of course he can regain and retain health.  If he falters, we can put Leivo up there, increasing the top-6 heaviness even more.

I don't think that's necessarily going to be true. If he can't land a D via UFA then he may grab a forward and then trade from strength.

Likely, he goes hard after Myers. Big contract offer incoming

8 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

With the current state of our defence and defensive prospects, I’m a little worried yes. 

Well if we miss the playoffs next year Tampa has to wait another year for that pick. Next year Tryamkin's KHL contract expires and he can return. Do you like our chances better with him on the back end for the following year? And all of this ignores possible ufa additions, more prospects possibly surprising, and other possible trades that can improve the team even further.

I see it as a pretty decent deal considering Tampa has to wait up to two years to get that pick. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

So you're saying that you call friends and family members that agree with your lord and saviour or is this just another typical deflection? This is sarcasm by the way.

I have no issue with people that think Bennings doing a good job it’s funny that most of them can’t accept fans that don’t like what he’s doing and stand behind what they say. Must be a troll. 

I don’t post on here to get a rise I post my opinion same as you.if some one wants to discuss it great  Don’t like it don’t read it, ignore me, 

want to try to brow beat bully or intimidate with childish name call well I can drop to that level too. 

Let me ask you this 

so for two years most on here have be laughing at the oiliers and lucic and how eriksson is better.

now a rumour surfaces that eriksson for Lucy and those same people now say great what a great move get it done. What changed other than the management said so. 

If someone else is doing your thinking and you blindly follow and change your opinion and beliefs to match and defend almost angrily wouldn’t that make that person your lord or saviour.almost sound like a religious fanatic .. that’s how some on here act with Benning. 

Now chia pet isn’t the worst gm ever and he would be a great addition...lol.really why because he’s a Canucks.

but I’m a troll because I don’t want to trade first rounders, acquire players like Lucy or have a guy that just got fired for being terrible and I stand behind it and defend my position. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

With the current state of our defence and defensive prospects, I’m a little worried yes. 

also it's possible we miss the playoff not coz the team is bad.. it's just other teams are better atm.. the western conference right now is starting to look really strong... the weakest team to get in was colorado.. with makar graduating and byram in a year or 2.. they are scary... calgary sj vegas ain't going anywhere yet. edmonton is bound to get better with mcdavid.. jets preds might regress a little.. but overall they are still a lot stronger than we are atm.. only team that might fall is dallas and st louis depends what they do in the summer

17 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

We've been needing a JT Miller-type of player but who needs JT Miller when we can take the draft pick that could potentially turn into a JT Miller-type of player?

But the mystery box is the mystery box... 

It's could be 1st overall. The next Mcdavid...

Lol

Too funny

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Interestingly, I've found that to be true of many of Benning's trades.  Shinkaruk, Gudbranson, and this one all gave me initial pause and concern, but then after a bit of pondering and looking into things it came into focus and made good sense. 

So glad he can think (and plan) in multiple levels and layers, beyond our (often emotional) inclination to look at surface things like base stats and money.  I think that's why there's quite a number of folks that don't understand both the individual transactions and the overall plan that's being implemented -- media like Ray Ferraro in particular.  Would NOT want him any where the GM chair with his one-dimensional perspectives, at all.

I think JB has a real quality of character that knows to accept advice from those around him who might know more about certain players and circumstances too.  

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

also it's possible we miss the playoff not coz the team is bad.. it's just other teams are better atm.. the western conference right now is starting to look really strong... the weakest team to get in was colorado.. with makar graduating and byram in a year or 2.. they are scary... calgary sj vegas ain't going anywhere yet. edmonton is bound to get better with mcdavid.. jets preds might regress a little.. but overall they are still a lot stronger than we are atm.. only team that might fall is dallas and st louis depends what they do in the summer

Calgary has awful goaltending, could see them drop honestly. Vegas and SJ only locks in the Pacific. LA and Edmonton are awful, Ducks rebuilding and Arizona is a bubble wildcard team. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Calgary has awful goaltending, could see them drop honestly. Vegas and SJ only locks in the Pacific. LA and Edmonton are awful, Ducks rebuilding and Arizona is a bubble wildcard team. 

yes and im not too worried about Calgary, they are chokers. 

imagine having multiple players with career years and still almost got swept in the 1st round by a one line team :lol: 

I see them as a bubble team next season tbh, they had a lot of things go right for them last season. 

• Cheers 1