The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I agree with this a lot. Although I think Marchand is more of a leader for his team that Hoglander will be. But I think Marchand is the best example of a current NHL players style comparison for Hoglander. 

Hate rat boy with a passion, always will. Little despicable piece of manure. 

9 years hasn’t  softened my stance regarding him, but would we ever have winner on our hand, if he ends up with similar playing style to Marchand. 

Edited by spook007

Hog has a habit of reverse hitting with his elbows up.

I don't mind. As a smaller guy he is going to naturally get hits to the head from taller guys checking him normally. A guy has to protect himself.

Bure style!!!!

Edited by AV's Coin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

That play was 2 minutes at worst in an nhl game.  I’m glad he’s playing that style he’ll need to in the nhl and guys will think twice about running him

IIHF has set the bar higher than the NHL

Considering he just dished off a pass it looked like he was bracing/protecting himself for an incoming hit. I like that the IIHF is being extremely firm on head contact but this seems like another case of overdoing it. Penalty? Sure. Misconduct? I don’t think so.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Result of that Russian guy having permanent brain damage has everything to do with the infraction. 

He should have been taken to the dark room. 

Why?  I'm sure if they felt it was necessary he would have been in protocol.  The IIHF doesn't mess around with concussions

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So will Hoglander miss the final if the Swedes make it?

This was a launching upwards elbow to the head. But the guy who got hit stayed in the game.

So I dont see this going over 1 game suspension. 

But the chance of him getting suspended seems likely. 

I sure hoped Hogs would pile up few more points in this tourney tho. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why?  I'm sure if they felt it was necessary he would have been in protocol.  The IIHF doesn't mess around with concussions

If they deemed the hit to be of vicious enough nature to hand out a major, they sure thought the hit was dangerous. 

Taking only like a minute to assess a concussion isn't possible even amongst the best physicians out there. 

So they should have taken him to the quiet room to take a further look. 

I sure think this was a flaw/ mistake on their part.