The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Could be the next better version of Johnny Gaudreau lol. I wasn't to familiar with the kid when we drafted him.. watching footage of him last night then seeing this montage I think we hit a home run. I look forward to hopefully seeing him get an exhibition game or 2.

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Could be the next better version of Johnny Gaudreau lol. I wasn't to familiar with the kid when we drafted him.. watching footage of him last night then seeing this montage I think we hit a home run. I look forward to hopefully seeing him get an exhibition game or 2.

If by better you mean bigger I like that idea. And since he’s 5’10” 180 he’s already bigger.

51 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Thanks for this. Got a good feeling about him. Also, more than happy to have Sven in #1LW (or Virt if he smartens up) until this kid comes!!

Hopefully he makes it. 

Question: Where's he playing next year? 

I see Brendan Gallagher when I watch this kid. I'd be amazed if he doesn't get an invite to main camp and from there, who knows. Tuck Hoglander under Petey's wing, then you gain instant depth and recoup some picks with your extra assets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Sick of hearing how "small" this guy is. 

Dude is built like a tank and his commitment to fitness means he will continue to get stronger. He was measured at 5'10" at the combine. It's not like hes 5'8. 

Totally agree.  Being built like a block is a huge asset.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Western Red said:

That height and weight at 18 implies he may already have 'man strength'

Thanks for that tidbit.

It seems as if he is still growing also, as many said he was only 5’9”, but measured in at 5’10”........ would be great if he added a other inch or two.  Really excited about this prospect.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

This guy is a gem. He’s quick and got silky smooth hands. Happy he fell to us at #40. Could be a home run.

If Hoglander played on that USDT with Hughes against boys, instead of in the SHL against men, I wonder where he gets drafted?  Is he top 15?  I think so.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Hoglander played on that USDT with Hughes against boys, instead of in the SHL against men, I wonder where he gets drafted?  Is he top 15?  I think so.  

Great point. I have to say, however, that your observation, the others that I'm reading here and a simple eye test are confusing me. How does someone with such obvious upside slide to 40th overall? Are our collective rose coloured glasses deceiving us?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, zimmy said:

Great point. I have to say, however, that your observation, the others that I'm reading here and a simple eye test are confusing me. How does someone with such obvious upside slide to 40th overall? Are our collective rose coloured glasses deceiving us?

Rose coloured glasses on CDC?  Never!  Our glasses are tinted blue and green.  :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, redhdlois said:

Wouldn’t that be something?  Even if it’s not until next season. Hoping he will be another pick other teams kick themselves over for not picking.

JB and Bracket are starting to collect quite a few of these players other teams missed.  

• Upvote 2