The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why does everyone keep saying this?

I thought he won't be at camp because his SHL season will have already begun.

Not to mention that he only had 14 pts in 50 games in that league last year.  The league that Rodin was MVP of.  I am a big fan and can't wait to see him in Canucks colours, but people have to give him at least 1 more year.  I think he will get 35-40 pts in the SHL this season if given the right playing time and then come over and battle for a spot after Schaller, Sutter and Eriksson are dismissed 1 way or another.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Not to mention that he only had 14 pts in 50 games in that league last year.  The league that Rodin was MVP of.  I am a big fan and can't wait to see him in Canucks colours, but people have to give him at least 1 more year.  I think he will get 35-40 pts in the SHL this season if given the right playing time and then come over and battle for a spot after Schaller, Sutter and Eriksson are dismissed 1 way or another.

Agreed.  Nucks don't need him right now, so why not let him percolate in Sweden for a couple of years.  Btw, Rodin won the MVP when he was 24yrs old.  If Hogs gets 35-40pts this season, he will more or less tie him in pts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Have to consider how he was deployed.  As a young player, was given very limited minutes and opportunity.

11 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Have to consider how he was deployed.  As a young player, was given very limited minutes and opportunity.

Do u have any stats?

The team he played on wasn't great so maybe they gave him more of an opportunity since they had nobody better. 

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Do u have any stats?

The team he played on wasn't great so maybe they gave him more of an opportunity since they had nobody better. 

J-P posted numbers above, but it was in an interview with his coach I believe who stated that he was very much sheltered or held back, as is often the case with young players there.  Will be exciting to see how he does this year as he should certainly be given a much more prominent role on the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

This summary is sorted by ice time:

https://www.roglebk.se/statistik/spelare/timeonice?season=2018&gameType=regular&count=-1&position=All&status=All&team=ee93-ee93uy4oW&vsTeam=All&outcome=all&location=all

TLDR; he was 9th in points on the team and 19th in ice time with 12:36. No PP time.

If his ice time is top 6 F this season including PP and his points is 0.5 or over that would be great. 

57 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

J-P posted numbers above, but it was in an interview with his coach I believe who stated that he was very much sheltered or held back, as is often the case with young players there.  Will be exciting to see how he does this year as he should certainly be given a much more prominent role on the team.

Nice. Some more minutes and better usage should lead to some considerable growth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute steal of the 2019 draft.  With Podkolzin and Hoglander we may have come out with two of the better players in the entire draft. 

Miller           Horvat           Podkolzin

Ferland       Pettersson     Boeser

Hoglander   Madden        Virtanen

Motte          Gaudette       MacEwen

Gaudette may have to be bumped to the 4th line with Madden and Hoglander coming in.  Good problem to have.  With Madden and Virtanen's speed I can see Hoglander with many scoring opportunities on that line.  As well, he could get bumped up to one of the top two lines at any time and move Miller or Ferland to the 3rd line.

The future looks bright.  I see the Canucks as a perennial playoff team starting this year.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2