The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

20 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Smart...Feisty...Skilled...Agile.....Fast....Determined...Confident...and another case of laking 1" or more in height to have been a lock for the 1st round...3" would have made him a top 11 pick!

Height isn't as important as weight and he's not lacking there.  He's a brick

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jokke Nevalainen on Nils Hoglander:

"Swedish team wasn’t very good, so Hoglander was one of the few top guys on that team. He's not really someone who can generate offence for other players. Generates a lot for himself with his puck skills and speed but he should be playing with better players."

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, as I really like this kid but I would rather him in Utica for a year instead of in Vancouver playing 3rd or 4th line minutes.  He is not Pete and I think we have been spoiled with some guys stepping right in and having an impact (Brock, Bo, Pete, and even Stecher).  Its the same with how everyone wanted to see our guys make the NHL but not all do.  The draft is not a sure thing.  After the first round things seem like more of a crap shoot.  Petrus Palmu is an excellent example.  He was a steal because he put up a lot of points in Jr.  Built like a brick wall but only 5'7".  We need more realism when it comes to Prospects.

7 hours ago, dpn1 said:

We need more realism when it comes to Prospects.

Good luck with that!!!! We  supposedly have an amazing crop of prospects...we got a few top 10 picks that should pan out but other top 10 picks that have struggled for various reasons, then round 2-7 has all but 1 guy who may or may not make the opening night roster in Gaud

Our prospects are lacking outside of the lotto pick guys

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe this year in Sweden, and then start next year in Utica?  

That's the hope. We'll see how amicable Hoglander is with the idea of Utica. Sounds like he wanted to be in the NHL this season. If he has a really good year in the SHL he might feel he can leapfrog the AHL. Dahlen felt that way too and he was in a lower tier than the SHL before coming over. 

Edited by N7Nucks

26 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

That's the hope. We'll see how amicable Hoglander is with the idea of Utica. Sounds like he wanted to be in the NHL this season. If he has a really good year in the SHL he might feel he can leapfrog the AHL. Dahlen felt that way too and he was in a lower tier than the SHL before coming over. 

Hoglander looks like he has the skill to pull a Pettersson. On a lesser scale of points and stuff but he has the skill to do it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hoglander looks like he has the skill to pull a Pettersson. On a lesser scale of points and stuff but he has the skill to do it

I haven't seen enough yet, but I don't doubt it. I just don't think he'll be in the A next year and even if management felt he needed it I don't see Hoglander going there unless there was some behind the scenes promises that he'd be the first call up.