Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Ok then...you never played sports.  Sorry it doesn't let you feel 'safe'.  

 

Oh...and by the way.  Cowards don't have the guts to do what Hoglander did there. Cowards sit back, take a beating, smile, and apologize for their teeth cutting the other guys fist.  Coward......haha.....sure pal.

I've played hockey and basketball growing up. Did I say that? What's your agruement? Are you trying to insult me lol?

 

No cowards elbow people or hit them from behind and are not willing to face the music after. Cowards are people who have to take cheap shots in order to "send a message" and are too pussy get in the face of anyone when they have a problem with them.

 

Was what Matheson did not cowardly? Was what Keith did not cowardly? What about Tierney? Is it only when Canucks players do it it's not cowardly?

 

Edit: This isn't 70s or 80s It's a way new generation now. Why do you think the NHL just paid over a hundred people in the concussion settlement. It was the wild west back then and they are paying the price for it now.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Is it only when Canucks players do it it's not cowardly?

 

You are finally getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

You are finally getting it.

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

 

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I've played hockey and basketball growing up. Did I say that? What's your agruement? Are you trying to insult me lol?

 

No cowards elbow people or hit them from behind and are not willing to face the music after. Cowards are people who have to take cheap shots in order to "send a message" and are too pussy get in the face of anyone when they have a problem with them.

 

Was what Matheson did not cowardly? Was what Keith did not cowardly? What about Tierney? Is it only when Canucks players do it it's not cowardly?

 

Edit: This isn't 70s or 80s It's a way new generation now. Why do you think the NHL just paid over a hundred people in the concussion settlement. It was the wild west back then and they are paying the price for it now.

Oh believe me. I know it is a new generation.  The whole "I don't feel safe" generation.

 

The "other" generation on driver licenses.  Everybody feels like they are owed something.   The people who do stupid things (like vape) and then launch a lawsuit because they say they didn't know it was dangerous.  Sickening really.

 

I would rather watch Hoglander elbow that other guy in the head all day long. Much more satisfying (mainly due to the lack of whining).

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

 

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

You know what a man does on the ice? He knocks out the other guy with an elbow lol.  

 

:lol:

 

PS: fix your sig. You spelled a name wrong and spelled a city wrong.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh believe me. I know it is a new generation.  The whole "I don't feel safe" generation.

 

The "other" generation on driver licenses.  Everybody feels like they are owed something.   The people who do stupid things (like vape) and then launch a lawsuit because they say they didn't know it was dangerous.  Sickening really.

 

I would rather watch Hoglander elbow that other guy in the head all day long. Much more satisfying (mainly due to the lack of whining).

 

 

What does any of this have to do with anything we are talking about? 

 

The point I was making is that sports in general are a lot more attentive to head injuries. As they should be when they are necessary, especially when it comes to deliberate plays like dirty head shots.

 

Perhaps I should of elaborated for you?

 

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You know what a man does on the ice? He knocks out the other guy with an elbow lol.  

 

:lol:

A very cowardly one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That guy was looking to make a play on the puck not run Hoglander. Dude dropped like a sack of potatoes.

 

Now he's out and probably concussed. I am not sure that's a good way to let guys know they can't run you.

Worked for Bure against Dallas and we won the series

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

 

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

Hogs did take care of business like a man.  The other guy was lying on the ice unconscious as proof.  You play with a bull, and sometimes you get the horns.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

 

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

Take you didn't watch Mess cheap $&!# his way to a cup in 94 and that rat on Boston in 11

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cup2022 said:

Take you didn't watch Mess cheap $&!# his way to a cup in 94 and that rat on Boston in 11

 

5 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Worked for Bure against Dallas and we won the series

Did you not see point out various examples?

 

I stated that I am not okay when anyone does it. You have a problem on the ice don't handle it like cowards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hogs did take care of business like a man.  The other guy was lying on the ice unconscious as proof.  You play with a bull, and sometimes you get the horns.  

The only thing that was proof of was being a dirty and unnecessary play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

 

Did you not see point out various examples?

 

I stated that I am not okay when anyone does it. You have a problem on the ice don't handle it like cowards.

I don't think I have ever seen a team win a cup without having what you refer to it as a coward on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cup2022 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a team win a cup without having what you refer to it as a coward on it 

We never won when Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore or when Bure drilled Churla. You shouldn't use that as a basis it is pretty meaningless and not a good idea to make hockey decisions at that high of a level based on that sort of ridiculousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Take you didn't watch Mess cheap $&!# his way to a cup in 94 and that rat on Boston in 11

Sorry to say, but what the rat did wasn’t cheap.  

The twins and rest of the team bent over and took it like they liked it.  

 

At least in 94 the team had some sort of push back.  

 

Most embarrassing part of being a Canucks fan was watching Daniel take those rabbit punches in the face like a total bi@&h.   

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The only thing that was proof of was being a dirty and unnecessary play.

I agree it was dirty.  Good for our guy; bad for their guy.  It was definitely necessary though.  Hogs needs to create time space for himself.  Plus he needs to protect himself too.  This dirt play was completely necessary.  Love he did it! 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We never won when Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore or when Bure drilled Churla. You shouldn't use that as a basis it is pretty meaningless and not a good idea to make hockey decisions at that high of a level based on that sort of ridiculousness.

Welll Bertuzzi wasn't in a playoff series at the time and we made a final in the year Bure threw that elbow and lost to a team with Mess that thought Linden was a tree he had to chop down ever shift I think that proves my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cup2022 said:

Welll Bertuzzi wasn't in a playoff series at the time and we made a final in the year Bure threw that elbow and lost to a team with Mess that thought Linden was a tree he had to chop down ever shift I think that proves my point.

My point was that it is a stupid argument. No sense behind any of it. Nobody in their right mind is going to make decisions based off what your saying.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Sorry to say, but what the rat did wasn’t cheap.  

The twins and rest of the team bent over and took it like they liked it.  

 

At least in 94 the team had some sort of push back.  

 

Most embarrassing part of being a Canucks fan was watching Daniel take those rabbit punches in the face like a total bi@&h.   

I agree that's why you need $&!# head on your team that has no moral compass NHL is reffed for them in playoffs always has been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hogs did take care of business like a man.  The other guy was lying on the ice unconscious as proof.  You play with a bull, and sometimes you get the horns.  

You play with fire (Hoglander) your gonna get burned (knocked out)!!!

 

Wooooooo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You play with fire (Hoglander) your gonna get burned (knocked out)!!!

 

Wooooooo

Did we know before the draft that Hogs had this nasty to his game?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.