Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

43 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Strikes me that many NHL players have attitude, he's young and he likes to celebrate. Who knows that other might not do the same. I'd think he'd have that mill stone around his neck being told since he was knee high to a grasshopper "you're too small kid" and given the chnace he likes to "show 'em" As long as he can repeat in the NHL why should I care  :lol:

He had the puck on his forehand in a prime scoring position in a 1-1 game, and he chose to do a selfish (look at me) play.  I think Hoglander has elite skill, and he has meanness too.  I want him to mature.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Are we seeing glimpses of why a guy with such elite hands dropped to us in round two?  He’s young, but he is very selfish.  He needs to be in the AHL where he would learn team first. 

Perhaps, I think its more of a tunnel vision thing. He's not much of a play maker and more of a skilled scorer with good hands. If he learns to read the ice and his teammates more I think he could become elite. Hopefully he's not a Yakupov 

• Haha 1

Elite scorers are often very selfish players, that's one reason they become elite scorers... they love having the puck on their stick near the goal and they feel they can beat anybody, they feel that they want to be the guy taking the shot because they are good at it... of course there are lots of selfish players that aren't elite scorers too... a pain to play with because they have an acute lack of self-perception.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:19 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Not that I would try that

But it does show a young man with extreme confidence in his edges and skating

In general, I think that is a very good thing

Yep... we need players with that extra bit... for our top 6...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Perhaps, I think its more of a tunnel vision thing. He's not much of a play maker and more of a skilled scorer with good hands. If he learns to read the ice and his teammates more I think he could become elite. Hopefully he's not a Yakupov 

Yakupov was a 1st OA pick. Even if Hoglander is a complete bust he wont be a Yakupov lol

• Upvote 2

Thing is goalie didn't expect that move either so if the puck hit the net he would be scrambling and then you have a few players around net ready to pounce on rebound he mishandled

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Elite scorers are often very selfish players, that's one reason they become elite scorers... they love having the puck on their stick near the goal and they feel they can beat anybody, they feel that they want to be the guy taking the shot because they are good at it... of course there are lots of selfish players that aren't elite scorers too... a pain to play with because they have an acute lack of self-perception.

True that. People are still yelling at Petey to be a more selfish player, and he’s tied for 10th in scoring. 

• Like 3

The early returns were really promising but he's seemed to have cooled down quite a bit. I'm really hoping he ends up being a really good player for us but I really wanted Nicholas Robertson at the draft. Of course he has to go to Toronto of all places. Similar in stature to Hoglander but almost a full year younger. Currently lighting up the OHL with 1.64 ppg average. Typically speaking if a player can keep up that pace that is 1st line material in the NHL.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah id be fine with an Elite scorer right now we have our bin filled with playmakers Miller, Pettersson, Horvat(ish). Give me a selfish goal scorer with a mean streak any day. We need mean and nasty right now in a bad way. Mean and nasty won the day in Dallas if you recall.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, TGokou said:

The early returns were really promising but he's seemed to have cooled down quite a bit. I'm really hoping he ends up being a really good player for us but I really wanted Nicholas Robertson at the draft. Of course he has to go to Toronto of all places. Similar in stature to Hoglander but almost a full year younger. Currently lighting up the OHL with 1.64 ppg average. Typically speaking if a player can keep up that pace that is 1st line material in the NHL.

To be fair, Hogs did miss 5 games due to the suspension.  Also, he plays against adult males in Sweden's best pro league. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, TGokou said:

Toronto always plays up their recent picks.  This guy you mention is just another is a series of TO propaganda hypes that BUSTAROO.

Im shocked a TRUE Canuck’s fan would so easily be influenced by Loser Leaf’s propaganda.  How is Littleman doing?  Wasn’t he the next Salming?

Hogs and Podz will prove to be the best players in their respective rounds.  And Loser Leaf’s picks will bustaroo.