Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why?  I'm sure if they felt it was necessary he would have been in protocol.  The IIHF doesn't mess around with concussions

If they deemed the hit to be of vicious enough nature to hand out a major, they sure thought the hit was dangerous. 

Taking only like a minute to assess a concussion isn't possible even amongst the best physicians out there. 

So they should have taken him to the quiet room to take a further look. 

I sure think this was a flaw/ mistake on their part. 

Can’t see the game, but delighted to hear about the nastiness in Hogs game... He’ll need that, when he enters the league...

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

softt call. Russians didn’t even have the puck at the time, it was going the other way...

The reffing this tournament = epic fail.

So if Team Sweden moves on with a win today does Hogs get a one game suspension for the final game? Good possibilty

1 hour ago, StiffStick33 said:

softt call. Russians didn’t even have the puck at the time, it was going the other way...

Doesn't the fact Russians did not have the puck make the hit worse???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AV's Coin said:

Doesn't the fact Russians did not have the puck make the hit worse???

Kids looking and completely skating in the wrong direction. Whattd you expect..

2 minutes ago, StiffStick33 said:

Kids looking and completely skating in the wrong direction. Whattd you expect..

Ok I'm officially confused

4 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Ok I'm officially confused

You're not going to get many objective opinions from fans of a team that drafted a player or fans of a team with a player on a play like this. It's not just Vancouver fans it's all fan bases that see a play through the lenses of their own team's colors.

I'm not comparing Hoglander to Tom Wilson in any, shape or form but it's like Caps fans thinking Wilson is just a hard nosed player where the rest of the league thinks he's a head Hunter.

• Confused 2

Just now, rekker said:

I can't recall a forward prospect drafted outside the first round by the Canucks that has looked this good at the Word Juniors. 

Word.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

You're not going to get many objective opinions from fans of a team that drafted a player or fans of a team with a player on a play like this. It's not just Vancouver fans it's all fan bases that see a play through the lenses of their own team's colors.

I'm not comparing Hoglander to Tom Wilson in any, shape or form but it's like Caps fans thinking Wilson is just a hard nosed player where the rest of the league thinks he's a head Hunter.

I hate to make the comparison, but undersized skilled winger who goes on the offensive and tries to hurt guys when he's in the trolly tracks or in a vulnerable position.... I smell a rat! (and it smells much better in blue and green than brown and gold)

Edited by reyezone
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reyezone said:

I hate to make the comparison, but undersized skilled winger who goes on the offensive and tries to hurt guys when he's in the trolly tracks or in a vulnerable position.... I smell a rat! (and it smells much better in blue and green than brown and gold)

I didn't say that having a potential rat in the system is a bad thing. But I do think the 5 minutes plus a game was the correct call under the IIHF standard of play for head contact. He had the chicken wing flying and made a last second adjustment to lean in instead of a last second adjustment to lean out and avoid contact.

• Like 2