Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

Wow brutal 

Solid dive by the Russian thou good sell job didn’t even miss a shift. Lol. 

I like that the Russian elbow only warranted a 2and ten thou. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Trollup5 said:

LOL, A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT. Where in the world did this SNOWFLAKE come from?

You know we are talking about hockey right. If you want safe, go cheer for the national Bubble Wrap Team!!

safer, then?

we're both talking about hockey, yes, just in different centuries.

16 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I loved the hit. 

If a couple Canucks did that in 2011 maybe we have a cup.

Edit: anyway...agree to disagree with a few here. Moving on....

Aaron Rome tried. God knows he tried...

• Hydration 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Have you even watched the last 10 years of Canuck hockey games???  (I don't need an answer, I know you have).

Then since you have watched the Canuck games you know that they rarely had payback after a hit such as the one Hoglander layed on that guy today.  Marchand speed bagging a Sedin, Keith elbowing a Sedin much worse than Hogs has done.  Where was the payback?  Honestly, where was it? You said there always has to be one.

There are many teams that do not respond.  You are exaggerating.  

Anyway, can't wait for Hoglander to play on the Canucks. I hope he continues to develop until that day.

You’re mentioning the Canucks of a team that doesn’t respond. That’s what worries me. If you can’t face the music after you make an iffy play you’re team is gonna fold. 

I mentioned earlier when Larsen was destroyed by Hall everyone went after him, even though Larsen had his head down. 

Fact of the matter is good teams aren’t gonna take that crap. West is heavy and we are not that heavy yet. We can be an easy team to push around if we decide to start pissing teams off by hurting their players. 

I am not exaggerating. I asked you would a division rival just shrug off one of our guys hurting their players from a physical altercation? I seriously doubt it, especially if it is a star player. 

On top of any push back from a team he could face disciplinary action and not play. He’s got the find that area of waking the line that’s not too low. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Marchand is an effective player. He throws players/teams off their game. Who says the Canucks won’t be a hard team to play against when/if Hoglander makes it here? 

Marchand's also one slew foot away from a 20-game suspension. His offense is incredibly good, but I don't think the level of his agitation is worth the suspensions and how much he also distracts his own team. It's clear that sometimes even his teammates get frustrated with his antics.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Marchand is an effective player. He throws players/teams off their game. Who says the Canucks won’t be a hard team to play against when/if Hoglander makes it here? 

way waaaay more so as a scorer than a pest though. He’s found that level of walking the line now where he can be effective where as before his coaches were telling him to tone it down. Hog isn’t at that level and I don’t want to see him at the level where the coaches are telling him to stop. 

To the level of the Bruins? We would need to make the finals at least once with this group and have a whole lot of playoff success before we’re even close to the level that the Bruins are now.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Marchand's also one slew foot away from a 20-game suspension. His offense is incredibly good, but I don't think the level of his agitation is worth the suspensions and how much he also distracts his own team. It's clear that sometimes even his teammates get frustrated with his antics.

True. Fortunately Hogs doesn't seem to be anything like Marchand. Throwing up your elbow a couple of times to protect yourself when you are being hit doesn't come anywhere close to Marchand's level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

way waaaay more so as a scorer than a pest though. He’s found that level of walking the line now where he can be effective where as before his coaches were telling him to tone it down. Hog isn’t at that level and I don’t want to see him at the level where the coaches are telling him to stop. 

To the level of the Bruins? We would need to make the finals at least once with this group and have a whole lot of playoff success before we’re even close to the level that the Bruins are now.

It took him 9 years as a pro(1.5 in ahl) before he scored more than a point a game. He was definitely not known as a prolific scorer until the last couple of years.

Hoglander was an absolute revelation in this tournament and he's been a blast to watch. So much skill. I'm hoping he will be in Utica on a PTO at the end of this season and potentially makes the big club opening day in September next year, or the subsequent one. I like his feisty nature but there is no doubt the hit today wasn't a clean play. I think we should all admit to ourselves that although we love this player, he made a dumb play that cost his team today. He'll be great in the future for the club but if we can't admit that there was no need for this play, and that it was not merely Hogz defending himself then we are making bad faith arguments; defending a player just because he's one of ours. Let's also avoid terms like snowflakes and making huge generalizations about millennials on this board. That stuff is just not part of this discussion, Let's just argue about hockey and not be petulant towards others opinions. The poster earlier who wanted a 'safe work environment' completely has a point, players need to have respect for each other and it isn't endangering the physical nature of the game despite what the Rock em sock em crowd argues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 112 said:

okay so if a safe work environment isn't important, why do goalies wear masks? just because every one since jacques plante has been a marvel superhero with a double-secret identity of playing ice hockey? they go into the dressing room, sneak out the back dressed up like bums, and have their PR guy come out to handle the media and pretend he was in net while looking nothing like them? for what purpose? like what do the superheroes get from it? or are they villains?

I agree Hoglander shouldn’t be a cheap shot artist... nor should he target the head or play with any intent to injure.  Ethics and honour aside,  nothing about that helps us win. 

I do think a high skill guy who plays with an edge is a valuable commodity, though.  He won’t be afraid when things get tough and some feistiness can drag his teammates into the fight.  The key here is that Hog is a high skill kid - he’s not looking to win the game with a hit.  He can do that with his skill... but it doesn’t look like he’ll get squeamish in the playoffs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-P said:

Hogs has been given the green light by the IIHF to play in the bronze medal game. 

Awesome news.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-P said:

Hogs has been given the green light by the IIHF to play in the bronze medal game. 

Good that call was pathetic

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Last I checked hockey was still a physical game. 

not anymore, soon, if u hit another player, u will get a 2min....welcome to the new future nhl

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me or are the Swedish linemates trying hard not to  pass to Hogs this game...

Especially that last powerplay, they see Hogs open but rather opt to make a risky pass to a covered guy. 

On 1/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Hoglander does???

I was responding to a comment about Boeser.

• Hydration 1

There appears to be a bit of Marchand in him. It might cost him some suspensions, but it might grant him a longer career.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1