The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

47 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

First off he isn't Marchand, second I would not want Marchand on this team an any costs - this would be worse than acquiring 'Mess'.  There is a difference between playing with an edge and playing like a brain dead cheapshot artist licking men.  

Still don't know how he didn't get suspended for that. Worse than the spitting incident earlier this year IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I agree, he is a jem, my only concern is his long term health in the NHL. It would be awful to have his career cut short by concussion - all too frequently the fate of small, talented players.

He has not shown any reason to worry about concussions has he?

8 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I agree, he is a jem, my only concern is his long term health in the NHL. It would be awful to have his career cut short by concussion - all too frequently the fate of small, talented players.

Should be more worried about him handing out concussions. Feisty bugger.

Guys like Gallagher, Gaudreau, etc have copied well into the NHL. All it takes is one dummy to give you a bad shot, but that could happen to anyone regardless of size.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

This is ridiculous. Do you go through life constantly thinking the worst result for yourself? 

Point is, he's potentially a fantastic prospect and none of us have a clue what his future holds. 

He's got a lot of spunk and that's priceless.

People were "concerned" with Petey's size and he seems to be doing fine. 

I find it funny how some people on here focus too much on the negative. 

We'll find out exactly what we have in about 2 to 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

This is ridiculous. Do you go through life constantly thinking the worst result for yourself? 

Point is, he's potentially a fantastic prospect and none of us have a clue what his future holds. 

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. 

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Should be more worried about him handing out concussions. Feisty bugger.

Guys like Gallagher, Gaudreau, etc have copied well into the NHL. All it takes is one dummy to give you a bad shot, but that could happen to anyone regardless of size.

Yes, I would think his playing style, specifically his occasionally sticking out his elbow when he is being hit, would reduce the chances of him getting a concussion. And as you say, increase the chances of him handing one out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

“This is ridiculous. Do you go through life constantly thinking the worst result for yourself?” You are ridiculous, do you go through life not evaluating your own limitations so that you can compensate for them? Who said I “constantly think the worst result for myself”? You? Based on one analysis you rush from an unwarranted assumption to a forgone conclusion?  Are you so bereft of a connection to reality, so hooked on a pretty pink dream that you cannot admit realistic concerns? There is a vast history of the special issues faced by smaller players and what they may do to compensate for their lack of stature. 

My my concern for Hoglander is that he is a special talent that will attract ‘special’ attention from some of the nasty pieces of work in this league.  As for Pettersson, you do recall the body slam from last year that put him out?  And you do recognize that he is both bigger and stronger this year.

20 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I like your post.

People worrying about prospects because they are short, even though they are built like a fire plug, have personal issues imo.  There is literally nothing about Hogs in his past play that shows he has been manhandled or beat up. He plays in a mens league.

Good god....I have real things to worry about in life and that sure as sh&% ain't one of them haha.  

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tystick said:

This guy is good enough to play on the Canucks next year IMO.

That said, another year of improvement in the SHL or AHL is probably best.

No rush.

Very possible. Benning has even said that he's ahead of schedule on development. He's short, but hearing that he's about 190 lbs now means that he's not exactly small. Build more like a tank. As long as he keeps his head up, he should be able to survive the NHL. A lot depends on how he adjusts to the faster pace.

Despite the added players on the wing, we still have space on the wings, especially the top 6 for someone who wants to take it.

Podz won't be available next summer, seems like a great time to see if Hoglander or Lind or Madden can slot into a spot on the wing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Despite the added players on the wing, we still have space on the wings, especially the top 6 for someone who wants to take it.

Podz won't be available next summer, seems like a great time to see if Hoglander or Lind or Madden can slot into a spot on the wing.

If Madden signs at the end of the NCAA season it would be great to see Lind and Madden and judge the merit of both and who's the stronger player for the future

• Upvote 1