Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

Recommended Posts

Despite the added players on the wing, we still have space on the wings, especially the top 6 for someone who wants to take it.

Podz won't be available next summer, seems like a great time to see if Hoglander or Lind or Madden can slot into a spot on the wing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Despite the added players on the wing, we still have space on the wings, especially the top 6 for someone who wants to take it.

Podz won't be available next summer, seems like a great time to see if Hoglander or Lind or Madden can slot into a spot on the wing.

If Madden signs at the end of the NCAA season it would be great to see Lind and Madden and judge the merit of both and who's the stronger player for the future

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fred65 said:

If Madden signs at the end of the NCAA season it would be great to see Lind and Madden and judge the merit of both and who's the stronger player for the future

It would be awesome to have some stiff competition on the farm team; especially when there are spots available on the big club.  I think there's a possibility that we'll see Hogs joining Utica as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also need to keep in mind he is averaging under 14 minutes a game. Those are pretty decent stats playing mens hockey and he's turning another gear. If he can keep this confidence up he'll keep adding more tools to his game. He was over 16 minutes last game so he's obviously making a good impression in his first game back from world juniors. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man what a gem. I will say I was worried about his size and style of play but after seeing what's his doing in a men's league is putting that to rest. 

Hoglander isn't have a problem with playing against men and even going to the dirty areas and that holds back a lot of smaller forwards 

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incidentally Bokk who Nils has set up for goals in back to back games was drafted 25th overall in 2018 and up until today had 5 points in 24 games and Nils had 10 points in 20 games for some perspective on how he is doing compared to a year older 1st round pick. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Specz said:

I HAD NO IDEA HE WAS STILL AVAILABLE. I thought he was already picked in the 1st round. WTF I totally forgot he was available. What a steal!!!!!

is that you JB? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Hog was playing on the third line yesterday. Anyone have any insight into this?

 

Also interesting to note that Hoglander played on a line with former Canucks 6th round pick Taylor Matson.

 

That historically bad 2007 draft is the only draft in our 50 year history to not produce a single game played by any of our picks :picard:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like Hog was playing on the third line yesterday. Anyone have any insight into this?

 

Also interesting to note that Hoglander played on a line with former Canucks 6th round pick Taylor Matson.

 

That historically bad 2007 draft is the only draft in our 50 year history to not produce a single game played by any of our picks :picard:

 

Erhoff ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, surtur said:

??

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

Edited by Quantum
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quantum said:

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, logic said:

Erhoff ;)

Of course that was an all time great trade.

 

Doesnt change the fact that that was our worst draft in history.

 

Next being our 2010 draft that only produced one NHL game played (Friesen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Quantum said:

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

 

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Of course that was an all time great trade.

 

Doesnt change the fact that that was our worst draft in history.

 

Next being our 2010 draft that only produced one NHL game played (Friesen)

 

Worthy of note is that Sharks at the time was just trying to dump his salary and make room to bring in Brent Burns. Regardless of the circumstance, it was a steal of a trade for the Canucks. Two busts for a high-end offensive defenseman who became a big part of our 2011 run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

 

 

Worthy of note is that Sharks at the time was just trying to dump his salary and make room to bring in Brent Burns. Regardless of the circumstance, it was a steal of a trade for the Canucks. Two busts for a high-end offensive defenseman who became a big part of our 2011 run.

Wrong. The sharks traded for burns almost 2 yrs after trading hoff. 

 

 

 

 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.