Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

2 hours ago, VancouveriteinSanDiego2 said:

Year in AHL be good learn smaller ice

I think that's more of an issue for Dmen. Hogs is smart enough and skilled enough that he may need no AHL time at all, following in the footsteps of Brock, Petey and Quinn.

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Wrong. The sharks traded for burns almost 2 yrs after trading hoff. 

Hmmm who were they trying to make room for then? 

I remember it being a salary dump of sorts at the time. 

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hmmm who were they trying to make room for then? 

I remember it being a salary dump of sorts at the time. 

Danny Heatly? I don't quite remember

4 hours ago, VancouveriteinSanDiego2 said:

Year in AHL be good learn smaller ice

This might be the most overrated thing in the history of things to worry about. I have never once heard any GM say it's important for Euros to "learn smaller ice". It's definitely not something players need an entire year to adjust to. If there is a GM/coach that said something along those lines I'll apologize and rescind my comment.

19 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Wrong. The sharks traded for burns almost 2 yrs after trading hoff. 

thanks for correcting, i was writing the post purely base on memory, so i am glad you pointed it out

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They dont get much easier than that at that level. Right place at the right time. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lukchin said:

Can Hoglander play for the Canucks this season or post season?

He needs a year in Utica, very unlikely that he makes this team out of camp next year. Watch for him to be signed and assigned to Utica when his season in Sweden wraps up.

5 hours ago, lukchin said:

Can Hoglander play for the Canucks this season or post season?

He could play. Whether or not he is ready is another question. Personally I think he should get games this year with Utica or the big team.

• Vintage 1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, GoldenAlien said:

That's right, San Jose was trying to clear cap space for Heatley, who they got a couple weeks later.  However, the deal wasn't exactly two busts for Ehrhoff.  No one cared about Patrick White -- by 2009 it was clear he was a pretty mediocre prospect.  However, because he was a first round pick, the team who owned his rights get a compensatory second round pick if they don't sign him.  That was the real value of the trade to the Sharks.  They got to dump Lukowich (who was on his way out of the NHL), and receive a second round pick for Ehrhoff.  Rahimi was probably just there to make the contract count even on both sides.

When the Sharks declined to sign White, they got the 55th pick in the 2012 draft, which became Chris Tierney. 

Very informative. Thanks. That trade makes more sense now.

Personally I think the guy needs another year in the SHL rather than the AHL. He needs to show he can light up the SHL before he advances to AHL.

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Good to hear Hoglander’s coach sees Hogs helping his team even when he’s not putting up points.  I had concerns about this player’s commitment to being a team guy.  This scoring slump is a good thing.  He’s doing other things to help out.  

I really like Hoglander, sure many of us do. But I'd be 100% okay with him staying in the SHL one more year, or if he's willing Utica.

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Personally I think the guy needs another year in the SHL rather than the AHL. He needs to show he can light up the SHL before he advances to AHL.

Maybe a year in the SHL and skip a year in Utica. NHL after that.

I think he has a decent chance to play games for the big club next year.  We need to gradually feed new players ur is into the lineup so we don’t just throw a bunch in at the same time.

He would be on the 3rd line anyways so fairly protected.  

I expect Juolevi and either Hoglander or Lind next year, with the other one doing spot duty for injury call ups.

Then the following year it is Podkolzin and the one of Hoglander or Lind thst doesn’t make the club next season.

DPietro and Rafferty have an outside shot that’s year depending on how things go with guys we re-sign/lose to expansion.