ItalianCanuck1

Nils Höglander | LW

On 7/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, AK_19 said:

Myers will be with us for awhile. I'm expecting:

Rathbone Hughes

Joulevi Myers

Edler Rafferty

Woo

I'd be pretty surprised to see Rathbone and Hughes together on a pairing, particularly at the stage of their careers they'll be in in a few years and listed as the top line. For them to be comfortable holding those minutes with that responsibility I'd be surprised if Edler was still around even.

Looking more at styles and assuming development/potential, I'd lean more to Juolevi and Hughes together, with Rathbone and Meyers potentially paired up. No idea who else we'd bring in as well in the next couple years to switch that up (does Woo make an impact by then, free agent signing, trade?) but gives some options style-wise.

Wait, what thread am I in again?

Edited by elvis15

17 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I'd be pretty surprised to see Rathbone and Hughes together on a pairing, particularly at the stage of their careers they'll be in in a few years and listed as the top line. For them to be comfortable holding those minutes with that responsibility I'd be surprised if Edler was still around even.

Looking more at styles and assuming development/potential, I'd lean more to Juolevi and Hughes together, with Rathbone and Meyers potentially paired up. No idea who else we'd bring in as well in the next couple years to switch that up (does Woo make an impact by then, free agent signing, trade?) but gives some options style-wise.

Wait, what thread am I in again?

If Hughes can play the right side effectively, I'd like to see:

Edler-Hughes

Juolevi-Tanev

Rathbone-Myers

Tanev has proven he can help shelter a rookie. Hughes has proven he can take on more minutes while Edler will shift to be more of a defensive dman. Not sure if Rathbone and Myers works, but it's a vet with a rookie and they are more balanced type dmen. Of course Juolevi and Rathbone could swap as well. But it's certainly a group that can play more balanced minutes.

Hoglander is a great prospect, just to keep on topic.

• Hydration 1

Hogz finally realizing that he needs to reinvent himself as a right D-man to secure a spot on the team?

• Haha 1