tan

image.png

J.T. MILLER | #10

C | 6' 1" | 218 lb | Age: 26 | Vancouver Canucks
  • J.T. Miller
  • Born: March 14, 1993
  • Birthplace: East Palestine, OH, USA
  • Shoots: Left
  • Draft: 2011 NYR, 1st rd, 15th pk (15th overall)

TRADE: The Lightning have traded forward J.T. Miller to Vancouver for a conditional first-round pick in 2020, a third-round selection in 2019 and goaltender Marek Mazanec. Should the Canucks not make the playoffs in 2019-20, the first-round selection will move to the 2021 draft.

• Like 1

J.T. Miller vancouver-canucks.svg

Age 26 Mar 14, 1993
East Palestine USA
Center shoots left
6'1" 185 cm
218 lbs 99 kg
ELC Signing Age 18
Waivers Signing Age 18
UFA Year 2020
Agent Stephen Bartlett

TRANSACTION HISTORY

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

A reasonable payment imo. Top 6 Forward signed for 4 years.  A good fit for Bo or Petey.

Great deal imo. Pick is protected next year if we somehow miss the playoffs but I don't see that happening.

Probably the same thing ottawa thought. 

And just like I thought jb is gonna do something detrimental to this teams future to try and save his job. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

All of a sudden our top 6 is looking pretty good if Virtanen can make the next step. I like the fact that he can play center too if we get injuries. 

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen

or

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Virtanen - Petey - Miller

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, tan said:

bit over payment?  thoughts?

Thoughts? You're like an hour late.

I'll add to this though, it's a bit pricier deal than I'd like for a player who doesn't drive play but rather supports it. He's got a good deal with some term where he's young enough that won't be an issue, just don't like the cost going back since Tampa's hand was forced a bit. I have to assume there was a bit of competition to get him that drove the price up.

Edited by elvis15
Much better as a "Current Roster" thread.
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

A reasonable payment imo. Top 6 Forward signed for 4 years.  A good fit for Bo or Petey.

Great deal imo. Pick is protected next year if we somehow miss the playoffs but I don't see that happening.

My thoughts exactly. Welcome J.T!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

JT Miller stats.png

Have to give a lot to get a lot. I think Miller will be worth it. I think he might push us into the playoff this year, meaning that the 1st is for this year and won't be a high pick. 

He might with his regular season production which is best for us just so the pick is out of the way and done with. 

However, his track record shows come playoff time though you shouldn’t expect anything from him which is what makes this even more of a head scratcher...

• Wat 1

I would like it a little more if Tampa wasn’t trying to offload contracts. They were the ones who were trying to get rid of JT so not sure I love the deal. 

JT on the other hand is solid. Hope he can sustain his level of play for 4 years and I think he can. 

Does anyone have any advanced stuff on JT?

• Upvote 3